GeekPolice
Welcome to GeekPolice.net!

From "wow" to "whoa" - we're teaching practical technology and helping others with tech support. Join our family here!

You are viewing the forum as a "Guest" which doesn't give you member privileges to ask questions or post comments.

Take 30 seconds to register or log in below and unlock the limitations of this website to discover new computer knowledge!

i have vista and nothing will open it

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I HAVE VISTA CANT GET RID OF WIN BLUE SOFT

Post by ehoward85 on Fri May 29, 2009 6:42 am

win blue soft won't let me open any programs, cant get online cant even open task manager or msconfig. I downloaded malware spyware removal to my external hard drive to try and run it on my deskstop. i can open the external harddrive folder that contains the download exe but i can't run the setup. however i can run the spyware in safe mode but it did not remove the win blue soft virus PLEASE HELP ME

Last edited by ehoward85 on Fri May 29, 2009 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I LEFT OUT SOME WORDS)

ehoward85
Novice
Novice

# Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: i have vista and nothing will open it

Post by Doctor Inferno on Fri May 29, 2009 7:07 am

Hello,

Please read this first: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And post a HijackThis log here.

Please be a GeekPolice fan on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Have we helped you? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

Doctor Inferno
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ehoward85 on Fri May 29, 2009 2:38 pm

i tried to do what you asked but i can't get online at all. i booted it in safe mode but i cant get online in safe mode either. i also can't download the java update because i cant getonline what should i do? i am using my laptop to search for solution to the problem which is on my pc

ehoward85
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belahzur on Fri May 29, 2009 5:41 pm

I think there might be a proxy set here.

Remove the Proxy setting in Internet Explorer and/or in FireFox.

In Internet Explorer
  1. Tools Menu -> Internet Options -> Connections Tab ->Lan Settings > uncheck "use a proxy server" or reconfigure the Proxy server again in case you have set it previously.

In Firefox
  1. Tools Menu -> Options... -> Advanced Tab -> Network Tab -> "Settings" under Connection > Choose "No Proxy"
  2. Click the apply button and restart that computer in normal mode.

Do you have internet connection now?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.

Belahzur
Administrator
Administrator

# Likes : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top