GeekPolice
Welcome to GeekPolice.net!

From "wow" to "whoa" - we're teaching practical technology and helping others with tech support. Join our family here!

You are viewing the forum as a "Guest" which doesn't give you member privileges to ask questions or post comments.

Take 30 seconds to register or log in below and unlock the limitations of this website to discover new computer knowledge!

Linksys Wireless not working

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Linksys Wireless not working

Post by Opk1 on Fri May 29, 2009 1:20 am

I got a Linksys 2.4 Ghz wireless router. It is connected to my main computer and sends the internet to a desktop upstairs with a wireless adapter. It has been working fine for the past 3 or so months. Then it just stoped working. The wired internet is fine but when i try to connect from upstairs it says it is connected but no internet. I have tried reconfiguring my wireless router several times but no luck.

Opk1
Novice
Novice

# Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Linksys Wireless not working

Post by Digitalocksmith on Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:17 pm

Try doing ipconfig /all which will give you info on all the settings in your adapters and post back the results.

Also check your internet connection settings. Under LAN check that your Desktop upstairs is set up to 'automatically detect' and not use a fixed IP (Make sure DHCP is still enabled on the router), no need for anything in the DNS field.

Make sure that your ISP login details are configured in the WAN settings correctly on the router!

Need the IPconfig/all data though

Regards

Digitalocksmith
Leader
Leader

OS : Windows 7 Ultimate x64 beta 1 (build 7048) - Testing Bluewhite64 Linux 12.2
# Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top