"Trojan horse Agent2.HXD" infecting the userinit.exe

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Trojan horse Agent2.HXD" infecting the userinit.exe

Post by annam8 on 23rd May 2009, 12:31 pm

Hello everybody,

First of all, I am not an expert in computers so I need a very clear instructions (thanks for that). Ok, my problem is that my AVG antivirus has detected in the "C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe" a "Trojan horse Agent2.HXD" which is considered as: "Object is white-listed (critical/system file that should not be removed)". So, when I start my PC after introducing the username, I only can see the wallpaper: Not folders and not toolbar.

What can I do??

Waiting the answer,

Thanks a lot.

annam8
Beginner
Beginner

Posts Posts : 1
Joined Joined : 2009-05-23
OS OS : xp
Points Points : 27553
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Trojan horse Agent2.HXD" infecting the userinit.exe

Post by Origin on 23rd May 2009, 4:59 pm

Please download the current version of HijackThis from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

• Double click and run the installer.
  • It will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\hijackthis.exe
  • After installing, you should get the user agreement, press accept and Hijack This will run.
  • Select Do a system scan and save a log file. This will open a notepad file of everything Hijack This found, copy and paste it back here.

While my help is always free, please consider donating to keep this site alive: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Origin
Master
Master

Posts Posts : 2685
Joined Joined : 2009-05-05
Gender Gender : Male
OS OS : Windows Xp Sp3
Points Points : 31493

View user profile

Back to top Go down

same problem

Post by marcoise on 25th May 2009, 9:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Please download the current version of HijackThis from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

• Double click and run the installer.
  • It will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\hijackthis.exe
  • After installing, you should get the user agreement, press accept and Hijack This will run.
  • Select Do a system scan and save a log file. This will open a notepad file of everything Hijack This found, copy and paste it back here.

Hi.
I've the same problem. But what you mean with "copy and paste it back here"? Thanks Marcoise

marcoise
Novice
Novice

Posts Posts : 6
Joined Joined : 2009-05-25
OS OS : xp
Points Points : 27538

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Trojan horse Agent2.HXD" infecting the userinit.exe

Post by Origin on 25th May 2009, 9:38 pm

Marcoise when you run a scan with HijackThis it will open a log in notepad, copy and paste the contenst of the log back to your thread. Please refrain from posting in other user's topics and start your own Wink

While my help is always free, please consider donating to keep this site alive: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Origin
Master
Master

Posts Posts : 2685
Joined Joined : 2009-05-05
Gender Gender : Male
OS OS : Windows Xp Sp3
Points Points : 31493

View user profile

Back to top Go down