GeekPolice
Welcome to GeekPolice.net!

From "wow" to "whoa" - we're teaching practical technology and helping others with tech support. Join our family here!

You are viewing the forum as a "Guest" which doesn't give you member privileges to ask questions or post comments.

Take 30 seconds to register or log in below and unlock the limitations of this website to discover new computer knowledge!

HESUDOBU.DLL not found, trying to help out a friend, HELP, PLEASE!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HESUDOBU.DLL not found, trying to help out a friend, HELP, PLEASE!!

Post by dmunoz on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:55 pm

Booted system in safe mode, it is XP Media Center operating system, but now what. Tried to run a search for this file and search won't run. My friend was not running anti-virus software (I could just wring her neck as I told her over and over again!). I have original XP disk to reload windows, will that work? HELP, PLEASE!!

dmunoz
Beginner
Beginner

# Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: HESUDOBU.DLL not found, trying to help out a friend, HELP, PLEASE!!

Post by Belahzur on Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:01 pm

Lets see if this will run.

• Please download DDS by sUBs to your Desktop (Important!!) from one of these locations:
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
  • Double click DDS.scr to run
  • When complete, DDS.txt will open.
  • Save the report to your Desktop.
  • Copy and paste DDS.txt back here, I don't need to see attach.txt.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.

Belahzur
Administrator
Administrator

# Likes : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dmunoz on Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:40 pm

I will download to a thumbdrive then put on her computer that I have here. Her system is not hooked to the internet and even if it was it wouldn't respond, it is taking forever for anything to execute. Do you want to know what is in the text file after I run dds.scr? Just trying to make sure I do the right thing. I am not a neophyte but spent over 25 years programming mainframes and PCs are kind of 'little black box' that buffalos me a bit!

dmunoz
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belahzur on Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:29 pm

Hello.
If done correctly, the cmd window should open with instructions and information on it.

After about 3mins, it opens DDS.txt/attach.txt

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.

Belahzur
Administrator
Administrator

# Likes : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dmunoz on Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:09 am

Thanks for you help, but I can't get this machine to respond, it is pretty dead and I am tired of dealing with it. I am telling my friend I give up. I had spent several days getting it to work a few months ago, she didn't have any anti-virus software for it, I told her she absolutely needed it before getting on the internet. She has allowed her kids to be on it without protecting it, and I just can't deal with this anymore. I am really frustrated that I spent all that time getting the machine to work before and she refused to listen and let all that work go to hell, pretty much. Anyway, thanks for you help.

dmunoz
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top