no audio after reinstalling windows xp

View previous topic View next topic Go down

no audio after reinstalling windows xp

Post by eileen on Sun 26 Apr 2009, 2:10 am

I had a bad bkdoor virus and had to reinstall my operating system. I have installed all the disks I have, yet I have no sound. The device manager shows yellow? on category "OTHER DEVICES" and the two sub categories under it: Ethernet and multimedia Audio Controller. I have a dell desktop dimension 3000 and it has windows xp for the operating system. I am getting ready to run out to grandson's ball game... and can check the replay when I return.. Thanks

Eileen

eileen

Newbie Surfer
Newbie Surfer

Operating System : windows xp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: no audio after reinstalling windows xp

Post by AuroraRange on Sun 26 Apr 2009, 2:14 am

eileen wrote:I had a bad bkdoor virus and had to reinstall my operating system. I have installed all the disks I have, yet I have no sound. The device manager shows yellow? on category "OTHER DEVICES" and the two sub categories under it: Ethernet and multimedia Audio Controller. I have a dell desktop dimension 3000 and it has windows xp for the operating system. I am getting ready to run out to grandson's ball game... and can check the replay when I return.. Thanks

Eileen

Log into dell's website and find your computer's model, newest driver will most likely to be provided there.

AuroraRange

Tech Advisor
Tech Advisor

Operating System : Xubuntu & Windows 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mariealabama on Sun 26 Apr 2009, 1:03 pm

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/downloads/en/downloads_splash?c=us&l=en&s=gen&~mode=popup&file=122481

should be recognized immediately and solve your problem, if not download to desktop (or somewhere you can find it) go in to device manager, find the unrecognized device(right click on it), and there will be a place to "manually install driver" click browse, select the file and go from there

mariealabama

Rookie Surfer
Rookie Surfer

Operating System : dual boot Win XP SP2 and Win 7 32 bit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:31 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: