spooler subsystem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved spooler subsystem

Post by MERISMOS on Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:44 pm

hi guys!

Belahzur from the virus and spyware thread sent me over here to ask about this spooler subsystem app error message I've gotten...and now my printers have disappeared and I am unable to add them back...he's got me running sfc /scannow with the xp sp2 disc at the moment..I've done the whole mircrosoft removal thing with no luck...I'll let this scan finish..right now it is doing a 'Windows File Protection' scan..and get back to you...thanks for all your help

MERISMOS
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: spooler subsystem

Post by MERISMOS on Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:46 pm

never mind..I think I got it....I went into the system properties and disabled the DEP for the spooler subsystem

MERISMOS
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MERISMOS on Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:10 pm

I made an exception in the DEP, but it is still giving me the spooler subsystem app has to close message and I am still unable to add a printer.

MERISMOS
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MERISMOS on Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:19 pm

okay, I can see my printers again, but I can't use any of them...I have one local printer and two network printers...if that helps anything...I also went through the Microsoft steps of deleting spool files and the registry files also...and I did a typical install of the drivers for the local computer again (just in case)...

I also got an Internet Explorer Script error a couple of times and I lost my active desktop, but I fixed the desktop background and haven't seen the script error for a while

MERISMOS
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top