win32.zafi.b

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved win32.zafi.b

Post by twyla1 on Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:12 am

I am having this alert come up to buy the bogus software on my other system. The system will not allow me to get onto the internet at all. I am on my laptop attempting to find out how to get rid of this and the other virus's that avg FOUND without having to get connected. No matter which browser I use it will shut it down immediately. This is so frustrating for me I am in the middle of a big project building a web page and its throwing me way behind...

twyla1
Beginner
Beginner

Posts Posts : 4
Joined Joined : 2009-02-10
OS OS : xp
Points Points : 28567
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: win32.zafi.b

Post by Belahzur on Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:55 pm

Hello.
Any chance you can use a memory stick to transfer programs from another machine to this infected one.

Please download and run this tool.

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.

• Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

Post the contents of the MBAM Log.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.

Belahzur
Administrator
Administrator

Posts Posts : 34916
Joined Joined : 2008-08-03
Gender Gender : Male
OS OS : XP SP3 Media Centre
Points Points : 245069
# Likes # Likes : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Inferno on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:22 am

Since this issue has been addressed, a "solved" tag will be added and this topic will be closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else, please open a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for your questions.

Please be a GeekPolice fan on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Have we helped you? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

Doctor Inferno
Administrator
Administrator

Posts Posts : 12015
Joined Joined : 2007-12-26
OS OS : Windows 7 Home Premium and Ultimate X64
Protection Protection : Kaspersky PURE and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Points Points : 104600

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Inferno on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:23 am

Since this issue has been addressed, a "solved" tag will be added and this topic will be closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else, please open a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for your questions.

Please be a GeekPolice fan on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Have we helped you? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

Doctor Inferno
Administrator
Administrator

Posts Posts : 12015
Joined Joined : 2007-12-26
OS OS : Windows 7 Home Premium and Ultimate X64
Protection Protection : Kaspersky PURE and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Points Points : 104600

View user profile

Back to top Go down