DMI.EXE - Application Error on Toshiba Satellite A205-S5812.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved DMI.EXE - Application Error on Toshiba Satellite A205-S5812.

Post by restrung on Mon 22 Dec 2008, 9:28 am

So that update I talked about in my last post worked...and also crashed my laptop. I am seriously starting to hate computers, I am scared to even go near one now. I know I didn't do anything wrong, at least I hope not. I was installing the Vista service pack and then it went to reboot. Bam a blue screen pops up and says something about turning off my computer to prevent damage. So I get on the phone with Toshiba tech and we try a couple different things. None of them work, so now my only option is to send in my laptop (thank God I am still under warranty). I don't want to do that just yet though because I don't really trust the tech. When I had the blue screen error on my Dell Desktop, one of you helped me fix it and it was a completely different method than what Dell's tech told me to do. Psh, they were going to make me buy like a $200 motherboard.

Anyways, I can't boot into safe mode because when it says loading windows files it stops at "\windows\system32\drivers\crcdisk.syc"... So I try to do a Toshiba System Restore but I get a pop-up that says

"DMI.EXE - Application Error
The instruction at 0.77022591 referenced memory at 0x00004235. The memory could not be read.
Click on OK to terminate the program."

and then it makes me shut down....Is there any other options to try and fix this or do I absolutely need to send it in?

By the way, I haven't gotten that blue screen again yet so I can't tell you what it said...

Newbie Surfer
Newbie Surfer

Operating System : Windows XP & Windows Vista

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: DMI.EXE - Application Error on Toshiba Satellite A205-S5812.

Post by Doctor Inferno on Tue 23 Dec 2008, 8:58 pm

I spent a lot of time trying to find a solution for you, but unfortunately I can't find any. I'm think my method will going work, so let's try.

Download the Notebook PC DMI Update Utility 1.0 from here:

You would have to make a boot CD since you don't have a diskette drive on your laptop.

Now, you need to create a bootable DMI update CD-ROM using the ISO CD image, toshdmi_cd_10.iso, provided in the above download.

If you have CD burning software on your computer, chances are good it has set itself up as the default handler for ISO CD-ROM images. If this is the case, the link above, and the option to create the bootable CD-ROM from the DMI Launcher, will launch your CD burning software, ready to burn the ISO image to CD.

Once you create the bootable CD-ROM, simply boot your computer from the CD. To boot from CD, you can either hold down the "C" key while you
turn your computer on, or you can use HWSetup to change the boot priority so the CD drive boots before the HDD.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Creating the bootable DMI update CD requires a specific set of steps that is unique to each CD authoring application.You cannot simply copy the ISO image to a blank CD and expect to be able to boot from it.

You can use PowerISO for creating a CD from the ISO image. Grab it here:

Once installed double click on the image file, PowerISO should open burn the file at speed 4x. And follow the instructions above.

After everything is done, try your recovery CD.

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

Doctor Inferno
The GeekPolice

The GeekPolice

Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium and Ultimate X64

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum