- NazzgullTop Dog
Posts : 2329
OS : Windows 7 Professional
Rubies : 40904
Likes : 1
** Pixia **
This program is a free software. It may be used in any forms, except for sale purpose. E-mail us in case of web distribution.
* Q: What do you mean by "It may be used in any forms, except for sale purpose"?
* A: Selling Pixia itself or any files contained in the program set is prohibited. The copyright of the artwork created by Pixia, however, belongs to the creator of the artwork. Pixia is just a tool. It is just like cooking. It does not matter which knife you use for preparation. You may even make an artwork for sale with Pixia, and do not need to get a permission from me.
* Q: Can I use a screenshot of Pixia in my how-to-use-Pixia website?
* A: No problem.
** Installation **
EXE version: You do not need any other tool. Just launch the file and it will automatically extract the contents to a temporary folder, launch setup and delete all the extracted files after installation.
Warning: Installing a newer version over an old one already installed in your computer overwrites files and may initialize pen data and/or palette. The same holds true on reinstallation of the same version. It is recommended that you backup "pendata", "palette" folders, and env_.env file before installation.
Click "START", point "Programs", "Pixia", and click "Pixia" unless you have changed the shortcut setting on installation.
** Copyright **
* This program is a free software.
* The images with names beginning with "sifca_" in the "partsbox" folder are creations of Sifca Corporation.
* The sample image in the installation folder, ppn456b.pxa, is a creation of MONAMI, who is an illustrator, and a Pixia user.
* Among the textures supplied with this program, koushi1.bmp, koushi2.bmp, koushi3.bmp, koushi4.bmp, koushi5.bmp, koushi6.bmp, koushi7.bmp, neko.bmp, kyon.bmp, parts01.pxa, parts02.pxa, parts03.pxa, parts06.pxa, parts09.pxa,
parts13.pxa, and parts15.pxa are creations of Ms Rumiko Takagaki.
* Among the textures, tone25.pxa, tone50.pxa, and tone75.pxa, as well as 300.bmp. 301.bmp, and 302.bmp, in the "pendata" folder are creations of Gra ("Grassgreen").
* Among the parts in the "partsbox" folder, grass.pxa, leaf01.pxa, lead02.pxa, leaf03.pxa, and the pens in the "pendata" folder, 303.bmp, 304.bmp, 305.bmp are creations of and offered by BURUNYAN.
* Copyrights of the files belong to the creators.
** Basic Specifications **
* Pixia is a painting tool made exclusively for full color graphics.
* Maximum graphic size: 10240 x 10240 dots (Note: this depends on RAM capacity.)
* Number of Layers: As many as memory lasts.
* Peripheral devices applicable: TWAIN32 devices. Printers made to use for Microsoft Windows. Tablets (Wacom, Oce-Japan)
** System Requirements **
Windows Me / Windows 2000 / Windows XP / Windows Vista
This is not to guarantee its functions on all environments.
There can be exceptions due to numerous number of combinations of drivers, devices, etc.
32 megabytes of RAM or over (As much as possible)
Super VGA monitor (with the screen resolution set to at least 800 x 600)
High Color or True Color (16bit/24bit/32bit) Pixia does not work on 16 or 256 color environment.
Optional: Pressure sensitive tablets (WACOM, Oce-Japan)
** How-to ** (Only things seemingly hard to figure out)
* Right-clicking on the canvas captures the color. Shift + Right-dragging captures the image of the dragged area.
* Freehand drawing with Shift key down draws only the first stroke.
* Selection: After selection, right-clicking on the selected area pops up the sub-menu.
* Palette: Left-click chooses colors. Right-click registers colors. Single colors or bitmaps can be registered and used. There are two kinds of gradations: rectangular and straightline.
* On straightline gradation palette, draggin from the ">" button toward the right adds a color, and dragging a color pointer toward the ">" button erases the color.
* Left-clicking on figures in palettes adds and right-clicking substracts. You can alter figures by directly dragging the pointing lines in palettes. Right-clicking draws the lines toward the mouse pointer.
* Left-dragging with CTRL key down moves the top layer among the ones where the mouse pointer lies. Left-dragging with CTRL and SHIFT keys down moves the current layer.
* Pasting as a new layer is influenced by the settings of Tone Filter and Transparency control.
* Filling with a color also gets influenced by Tone Filter.
* Layers: A layer consists of three planes: Image, Mask, and Transparency. Copy a layer into the clipboard and all the three planes are copied. Paste is also done affected by transparency and selection of the original image. When you paste onto the Mask Plane, or Transparency Plane, only the contrast information is pasted. Pasted on a new layer, all the three planes are maintained exactly as the original layer.
* Registering bitmaps to the palette makes duplicates of the original images in the "palette" folder, which means registering many big size images to the palette will result in consuming a lot of hard disk space.
* Help files do not come with this program. You need to download a separate file from the Pixia website.
** Liability **
* In no event shall the author of this Software be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or any other pecuniary loss) arising from the use of or inability to use this product, even if the Author of this Software has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Sir $watTop Dog
Posts : 2078
OS : Windows XP Professional SP3
Protection : Panda Cloud
Rubies : 34631
Likes : 0
this looks nice...
Create an account or log in to leave a reply
You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.
Page 1 of 1
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum