How do I download "fix" for Trojan.Zlob.G?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved How do I download "fix" for Trojan.Zlob.G?

Post by JAM on 8th December 2008, 1:59 pm

I am reading all the recent posts about this. Same thing happened to me this morning. My computer unexpectedly shut down, and when it came back up, I cannot get an IE or a Firefox.

My question is if I can't get an IE or a Firefox browser, how on earth do I download the fix?

I am working on my laptop now, which has not been infected -- yet.

My desktop will not give me a browser. I keep getting a message to download some software if I want to get it fixed.

CAN I or SHOULD I do a System Restore? Will that fix it?

I have Trend for software protection right now, BTW.

Thanks in advance.

JAM
Novice
Novice

Posts Posts : 14
Joined Joined : 2008-12-08
OS OS : Windows XP
Points Points : 29230
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How do I download "fix" for Trojan.Zlob.G?

Post by Belahzur on 8th December 2008, 2:04 pm

System restore won't fix anything, a virus's first target is system restore.

Do you have a USB stick we can use?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.

Belahzur
Administrator
Administrator

Posts Posts : 34918
Joined Joined : 2008-08-03
Gender Gender : Male
OS OS : 7 Home Premium x64
Points Points : 245101
# Likes # Likes : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JAM on 8th December 2008, 2:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:System restore won't fix anything, a virus's first target is system restore.

Do you have a USB stick we can use?

I have a flash drive or thumb drive, if that is what you mean. Yes.

BTW, thanks for the response. I am scared. I am not computer literate either. I hope I can figure this out.

JAM
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JAM on 8th December 2008, 2:08 pm

BTW, my Trend Micro P-cillin just did a complete scan and came up with NOTHING.

Can I download the "fix" to a thumb drive? If I do, then what do I do?

JAM
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belahzur on 8th December 2008, 2:10 pm

Hello.
Plug the thumb drive into this clean machine, and then run this:

Please download Flash_Disinfector from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

• First, download it to your desktop.
  • Now double click it to run it and will tell it you what to do when you open it.
  • It will temporarily kill explorer.exe and your desktop will go blank.
  • Let Flash_Disinfector do it's job and it will restart explorer.exe for you.
  • It will make a dummy autorun.inf in the root of every drive.
  • You can now delete Flash_Disinfector.exe.

That will protect your thumb drive from being infected while we work on this.
Then donwload Hijack this:

You are running an old version of Hijack This, and we need to use the new version before we can do anything else.

Please download the current version of HijackThis from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

• Take the installed over to the infected machine via thumb drive.
  • Double click and run the installer.
  • It will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\hijackthis.exe
  • After installing, you should get the user agreement, press accept and Hijack This will run.
  • Select Do a system scan and save a log file. This will open a notepad file of everything Hijack This found, copy and paste it back here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.

Belahzur
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JAM on 8th December 2008, 2:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Hello...This will open a notepad file of everything Hijack This found, copy and paste it back here.
[/list]

I sure hope I did this right.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 9:17:01 AM, on 12/8/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\CTHELPER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTXFIHLP.EXE
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\Iaanotif.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\DMXLauncher.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\Sound Blaster X-Fi\DVDAudio\CTDVDDET.EXE
C:\Program Files\Creative\Sound Blaster X-Fi\Volume Panel\VolPanel.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\Shared Files\Module Loader\DLLML.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 12\pccguide.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CTXFISPI.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1181042282\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
C:\Program Files\Comcast\Desktop Doctor\bin\sprtcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Toolbox\StatusClient\StatusClient.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 12\TMAS_OE\TMAS_OEMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Support\DSAgnt.exe
C:\Program Files\Olympus\DeviceDetector\DevDtct2.exe
C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Toolbox\jre\bin\javaw.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\Iaantmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\PcCtlCom.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\Program Files\Comcast\Desktop Doctor\bin\sprtsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\Tmntsrv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\tmproxy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelDH\Intel(R) Quick Resume Technology Drivers\Elservice.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\TmPfw.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,Default_Page_URL = [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = :0
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - {3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA} - C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\rpbrowserrecordplugin.dll
O2 - BHO: Comcast Toolbar - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-93BE-BE2DF4D9AE29} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMCAS~1\COMCAS~1.DLL
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLASHX_W.DLL
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\4.1.805.4472\swg.dll
O2 - BHO: Browser Address Error Redirector - {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777} - C:\Program Files\BAE\BAE.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Comcast Toolbar - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-93BE-BE2DF4D9AE29} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMCAS~1\COMCAS~1.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTHelper] CTHELPER.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTxfiHlp] CTXFIHLP.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IAAnotif] C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\Iaanotif.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DMXLauncher] C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\DMXLauncher.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTDVDDET] "C:\Program Files\Creative\Sound Blaster X-Fi\DVDAudio\CTDVDDET.EXE"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VolPanel] "C:\Program Files\Creative\Sound Blaster X-Fi\Volume Panel\VolPanel.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AudioDrvEmulator] "C:\Program Files\Creative\Shared Files\Module Loader\DLLML.exe" -1 AudioDrvEmulator "C:\Program Files\Creative\Shared Files\Module Loader\Audio Emulator\AudDrvEm.dll"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [pccguide.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 12\pccguide.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DLA] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Google Desktop Search] "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe" /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOLDialer] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HostManager] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1181042282\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ddoctorv2] "C:\Program Files\Comcast\Desktop Doctor\bin\sprtcmd.exe" /P ddoctorv2
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StatusClient 2.6] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Toolbox\StatusClient\StatusClient.exe /auto
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TomcatStartup 2.5] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Toolbox\hpbpsttp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [OE_OEM] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 12\TMAS_OE\TMAS_OEMon.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AdobeUpdater] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Updater5\AdobeUpdater.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Uniblue RegistryBooster 2009] C:\Program Files\Uniblue\RegistryBooster\RegistryBooster.exe /S
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [RealUpgradeHelper] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\upgrdhlp.exe" "RealNetworks|RealPlayer|6.0" (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [RealUpgradeHelper] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\upgrdhlp.exe" "RealNetworks|RealPlayer|6.0" (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: Device Detector 3.lnk = C:\Program Files\Olympus\DeviceDetector\DevDtct2.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {B205A35E-1FC4-4CE3-818B-899DBBB3388C} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Encarta Search Bar\ENCSBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Bodog Poker - {F47C1DB5-ED21-4dc1-853E-D1495792D4C5} - C:\Program Files\Bodog Poker\BPGame.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\PROGRA~1\Google\GOOGLE~1\GOEC62~1.DLL
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - AOL LLC - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Quick Resume technology (ELService) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelDH\Intel(R) Quick Resume Technology Drivers\Elservice.exe
O23 - Service: Google Desktop Manager 5.7.802.22438 (GoogleDesktopManager-022208-143751) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Matrix Storage Event Monitor (IAANTMON) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\Iaantmon.exe
O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service for DVE (ICDSPTSV) - Sony Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\IcdSptSv.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Central Control Component (PcCtlCom) - Trend Micro Incorporated. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\PcCtlCom.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: SupportSoft Sprocket Service (ddoctorv2) (sprtsvc_ddoctorv2) - SupportSoft, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Comcast\Desktop Doctor\bin\sprtsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Real-time Service (Tmntsrv) - Trend Micro Incorporated. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\Tmntsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Personal Firewall (TmPfw) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\TmPfw.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Proxy Service (tmproxy) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\tmproxy.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
O24 - Desktop Component 0: (no name) - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

JAM
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belahzur on 8th December 2008, 2:26 pm

Hello.

• Download combofix from here, use the top links - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe.
  • Follow the prompts. NOTE:
  • ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed.
    ***It's strongly recommended to have the Recovery Console installed before doing any malware removal.***

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will automatically proceed with its scan.

• The Recovery Console provides a recovery/repair mode should a problem occur during a Combofix run.

• Allow ComboFix to download the Recovery Console.
  • Accept the End-User License Agreement.
  • The Recovery Console will be installed.
  • You will this next prompt that asks if you want to continue the malware scan, select yes

• Allow combofix to run
  • Post C:\combofix.txt back here.

Note:
    Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.

Belahzur
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JAM on 8th December 2008, 2:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Hello.

• Download combofix from here, use the top links - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe.
  • Follow the prompts. NOTE:
  • ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed.
    ***It's strongly recommended to have the Recovery Console installed before doing any malware removal.***

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will automatically proceed with its scan.

• The Recovery Console provides a recovery/repair mode should a problem occur during a Combofix run.

• Allow ComboFix to download the Recovery Console.
  • Accept the End-User License Agreement.
  • The Recovery Console will be installed.
  • You will this next prompt that asks if you want to continue the malware scan, select yes

• Allow combofix to run
  • Post C:\combofix.txt back here.

Note:
    Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.

Do I download the combofix to my thumb drive?

JAM
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belahzur on 8th December 2008, 2:28 pm

Yes. Smile

Belahzur
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JAM on 8th December 2008, 2:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Yes. Smile

Well, a DOS screen came up with blue color, reminding me of WP5.1 for DOS.

It did its thing and then said "Done" at the bottom of the blue screen.

I then waited, and nothing happened. So I clicked the X in the blue screen.

Nothing happened.

So I went back to my thumb drive and clicked ComboFixit again. It is now scanning on the blue DOS screen.

It said it might take a while. I am standing by. I will report back IMMEDIATELY upon completion.

I'm scared. I have no icons on my wallpaper. This is really a nightmare, that keeps getting worse and worse.

Uh-oh. My computer is rebooting by itself. CombiFixit said do not reboot it, so I did not.

Fingers crossed.

JAM
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JAM on 8th December 2008, 2:42 pm

The computer has rebooted.

I still have no icons on my wallpaper.

The blue DOS-looking screen is now saying to wait while it does something else.

Oh, I'm biting my fingernails now.

Icons just reappeared on wallpaper. Things are looking better.

However, blue DOS screen is still doing its thing. I'm standing by.

The blue DOS screen says "Preparing log report. Do not run any programs until ComboFix has finished." At the top of the window, it says "Find3M"

JAM
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belahzur on 8th December 2008, 2:45 pm

Yes, combofix is still going.
Allow it do what it wants to do and it will be finished soon.

Belahzur
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JAM on 8th December 2008, 2:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Yes, combofix is still going.
Allow it do what it wants to do and it will be finished soon.

i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you, Belahzur!

Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

You fixed my computer. You're the BEST!

JAM
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belahzur on 8th December 2008, 2:49 pm

Please post the log.

Belahzur
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JAM on 8th December 2008, 2:55 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Please post the log.

Uh-oh. I think I already clicked the X on that window. I was so happy to get my desktop working again with the IE and Firefox that I did not save that window. Dag nab it!

How do I get it back? Tell me how, and I will definitely post it up here right now.

JAM
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belahzur on 8th December 2008, 2:57 pm

It should be located at C:\combofix.txt

Split the report up into more than one post if you have to.

Belahzur
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JAM on 8th December 2008, 3:05 pm

THIS IS PART 1 of 2

*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"OE_OEM"="c:\program files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 12\TMAS_OE\TMAS_OEMon.exe" [2006-04-11 176201]
"DellSupport"="c:\program files\Dell Support\DSAgnt.exe" [2006-07-16 389120]
"MSMSGS"="c:\program files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" [2004-10-13 1694208]
"AdobeUpdater"="c:\program files\Common Files\Adobe\Updater5\AdobeUpdater.exe" [2008-11-07 2356088]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"ehTray"="c:\windows\ehome\ehtray.exe" [2005-09-29 67584]
"NvCplDaemon"="c:\windows\system32\NvCpl.dll" [2006-06-16 7323648]
"IAAnotif"="c:\program files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\Iaanotif.exe" [2006-07-06 151552]
"DMXLauncher"="c:\program files\Dell\Media Experience\DMXLauncher.exe" [2005-10-05 94208]
"CTDVDDET"="c:\program files\Creative\Sound Blaster X-Fi\DVDAudio\CTDVDDET.EXE" [2003-06-18 45056]
"VolPanel"="c:\program files\Creative\Sound Blaster X-Fi\Volume Panel\VolPanel.exe" [2005-10-14 122880]
"AudioDrvEmulator"="c:\program files\Creative\Shared Files\Module Loader\DLLML.exe" [2005-11-04 49152]
"UpdReg"="c:\windows\UpdReg.EXE" [2000-05-11 90112]
"pccguide.exe"="c:\program files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 12\pccguide.exe" [2005-08-30 823362]
"DLA"="c:\windows\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE" [2005-09-08 122940]
"ISUSPM Startup"="c:\progra~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe" [2004-07-27 221184]
"ISUSScheduler"="c:\program files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" [2004-07-27 81920]
"Google Desktop Search"="c:\program files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe" [2008-04-28 29744]
"HP Software Update"="c:\program files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe" [2005-09-23 49152]
"QuickTime Task"="c:\program files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" [2006-10-04 98304]
"AOLDialer"="c:\program files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe" [2006-10-23 71216]
"HostManager"="c:\program files\Common Files\AOL\1181042282\ee\AOLSoftware.exe" [2006-09-25 50736]
"ddoctorv2"="c:\program files\Comcast\Desktop Doctor\bin\sprtcmd.exe" [2008-04-24 202560]
"StatusClient 2.6"="c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\Toolbox\StatusClient\StatusClient.exe" [2004-02-27 61440]
"TomcatStartup 2.5"="c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\Toolbox\hpbpsttp.exe" [2004-05-20 188416]
"Adobe Reader Speed Launcher"="c:\program files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe" [2008-01-11 39792]
"TkBellExe"="c:\program files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" [2008-10-03 185896]
"CTHelper"="CTHELPER.EXE" [2005-11-08 c:\windows\CTHELPER.EXE]
"CTxfiHlp"="CTXFIHLP.EXE" [2006-03-02 c:\windows\system32\CTXFIHLP.EXE]

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce]
"RealUpgradeHelper"="c:\program files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\upgrdhlp.exe" [2008-10-03 136768]

c:\documents and settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Device Detector 3.lnk - c:\program files\Olympus\DeviceDetector\DevDtct2.exe [2008-10-22 118784]
Digital Line Detect.lnk - c:\program files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe [2006-10-04 24576]
HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk - c:\program files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe [2005-09-23 282624]
Microsoft Office.lnk - c:\program files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE [2001-02-13 83360]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\drivers32]
"VIDC.X264"= x264vfw.dll
"VIDC.3iv2"= 3ivxVfWCodec.dll
"VIDC.VP31"= vp31vfw.dll
"msacm.l3fhg"= mp3fhg.acm
"msacm.divxa32"= DivXa32.acm
"mixer"= DrvTrNTm.dll
"wave"= DrvTrNTm.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\TrendAntiVirus]
"DisableMonitoring"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\TrendFirewall]
"DisableMonitoring"=dword:00000001

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile]
"EnableFirewall"= 0 (0x0)

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLDial.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLacsd.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\America Online 9.0\\waol.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\1181042282\\ee\\aolsoftware.exe"=

R2 Tmfilter;Tmfilter;c:\windows\system32\drivers\TmXPFlt.sys [2005-08-30 205328]
R2 Tmntsrv;Trend Micro Real-time Service;c:\progra~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\Tmntsrv.exe [2005-08-30 290889]
R2 TmPfw;Trend Micro Personal Firewall;c:\progra~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\TmPfw.exe [2005-08-30 585792]
R2 Tmpreflt;Tmpreflt;c:\windows\system32\drivers\Tmpreflt.sys [2005-08-30 36368]
R2 tmproxy;Trend Micro Proxy Service;c:\progra~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\tmproxy.exe [2005-08-30 262215]
R3 TotRec7;Total Recorder WDM audio driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\TotRec7.sys [2008-10-29 127496]
S3 GoogleDesktopManager-022208-143751;Google Desktop Manager 5.7.802.22438;"c:\program files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe" [2006-10-04 29744]

JAM
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JAM on 8th December 2008, 3:05 pm

This is Part 2 of 2:

S3 USB_RNDIS_XP;Westell WireSpeed Dual Connect Modem;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\usb8023.sys [2005-08-16 12800]
S3 VNUSB;VN Series Device;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\VNUSB.sys [2008-01-28 38496]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\F]
\Shell\AutoRun\command - F:\LaunchU3.exe -a

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{361ac05d-0e0d-11da-9aa9-806d6172696f}]
\Shell\AutoRun\command - E:\setup.exe

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{a432367d-6a00-11dd-99ae-00038a000015}]
\Shell\AutoRun\command - F:\LaunchU3.exe -a
- - - - ORPHANS REMOVED - - - -

HKCU-Run-Uniblue RegistryBooster 2009 - c:\program files\Uniblue\RegistryBooster\RegistryBooster.exe
HKCU-Run-Smax4 - c:\documents and settings\NAME DELETED\Application Data\Google\kjzna1562565.exe

------- Supplementary Scan -------
uStart Page = [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
mStart Page = [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
uInternet Settings,ProxyOverride =
uSearchURL,(Default) = [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

O16 -: Microsoft XML Parser for Java - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
c:\windows\Downloaded Program Files\Microsoft XML Parser for Java.osd
FireFox -: Profile - c:\documents and settings\NAME DELETED\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hi3146c1.default\
FireFox -: prefs.js - SEARCH.DEFAULTURL - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
FF -: plugin - c:\program files\Google\Google Updater\2.4.1368.5602\npCIDetect13.dll
FF -: plugin - c:\program files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\NPJava11.dll
FF -: plugin - c:\program files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\NPJava12.dll
FF -: plugin - c:\program files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\NPJava13.dll
FF -: plugin - c:\program files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\NPJava14.dll
FF -: plugin - c:\program files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\NPJava32.dll
FF -: plugin - c:\program files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\NPJPI150_06.dll
FF -: plugin - c:\program files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\NPOJI610.dll
FF -: plugin - c:\program files\Microsoft Silverlight\npctrl.1.0.21115.0.dll
FF -: plugin - c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\npGoogleGadgetPluginFirefoxWin.dll
FF -: plugin - c:\program files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Experience Technology\npViewpoint.dll

catchme 0.3.1367 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Rootkit scan 2008-12-08 09:40:38
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
CTHelper = CTHELPER.EXE?
CTxfiHlp = CTXFIHLP.EXE?

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

------------------------ Other Running Processes ------------------------
c:\progra~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
c:\windows\system32\CTSVCCDA.EXE
c:\windows\ehome\ehrecvr.exe
c:\windows\ehome\ehSched.exe
c:\program files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\Toolbox\jre\bin\javaw.exe
c:\program files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAANTmon.exe
c:\windows\system32\nvsvc32.exe
c:\progra~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\PcCtlCom.exe
c:\windows\system32\HPZipm12.exe
c:\program files\Comcast\Desktop Doctor\bin\sprtsvc.exe
c:\windows\wanmpsvc.exe
c:\windows\ehome\mcrdsvc.exe
c:\program files\Intel\IntelDH\Intel(R) Quick Resume Technology Drivers\ELService.exe
c:\windows\system32\dllhost.exe
c:\windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe
Completion time: 2008-12-08 9:45:26 - machine was rebooted [NAME DELETED]
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2008-12-08 14:44:59

Pre-Run: 219,879,755,776 bytes free
Post-Run: 220,341,751,808 bytes free

180 --- E O F --- 2008-11-13 08:02:43

Last edited by JAM on 8th December 2008, 3:10 pm; edited 3 times in total

JAM
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JAM on 8th December 2008, 3:07 pm

Again, I want to thank this forum and especially you, Belahzur!

Wow, you truly did come to the rescue. Wear your white hat proudly BECAUSE you are one of the good guys! Right On!

JAM
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belahzur on 8th December 2008, 3:08 pm

Hello. Thank you. Smile
But that is not all of the log, there should be the header, then (((( files created within 1 month )))), then (((( find3m report ))))

Belahzur
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JAM on 8th December 2008, 3:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Hello. Thank you. Smile
But that is not all of the log, there should be the header, then (((( files created within 1 month )))), then (((( find3m report ))))

I will post it up as soon as I can locate it. Thank you so very much.

JAM
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JAM on 8th December 2008, 3:13 pm

Maybe you should post up a STICKY for this Trojan.Zlob.G. It seems a lot of folks are having troubles with it today.

It sure is nice of you to answer each person individually.

JAM
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belahzur on 8th December 2008, 3:14 pm

Hello. While that seems like a good idea, every users machine and static instructions may damage others' machine.

Your version of Java is outdated and needs to be updated to take advantage of fixes that have eliminated security vulnerabilities.
Updating Java:

• Download the latest version of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
  • Select the first option where it says "Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 11".
  • Click the "Download" button to the right.
  • In the Window that opens, select your platform and language, check the "agree" box, and click Continue.
  • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation and save to your desktop.
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
  • Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add or Remove Programs and remove all older versions of Java.
  • Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
    - Examples of older versions in Add or Remove Programs:
    - Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2
    - J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0
    - J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 2
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u11-windows-i586-p.exe that you downloaded to install the newest version.
Please make sure the new version of Java is installed before you run JavaRa.

Please download JavaRa from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

• First, unzip it.
  • Then run JavaRa.
  • Select English from the drop down menu and press Select.
  • This will open JavaRa.
  • Press Remove older versions
  • Press yes to the prompt.
  • It will make a log file of what it's removed.
  • Copy and paste the log back here.

Belahzur
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Inferno on 3rd January 2009, 3:52 am

Since this issue is resolved, this topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else, please open a new topic for your questions.

Please be a GeekPolice fan on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Have we helped you? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

Doctor Inferno
Administrator
Administrator

Posts Posts : 11976
Joined Joined : 2007-12-26
OS OS : Windows 7 Home Premium and Ultimate X64
Protection Protection : Kaspersky PURE and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Points Points : 104630

View user profile

Back to top Go down