need Drivers to connect to the internet

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved need Drivers to connect to the internet

Post by suzonka on Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:09 am

a gateway with windows 98 PC ,it was set up with optimum on line cable ,after the restore with the gateway disk an dialog box popped up [that the drivers are missing for the earthinet card] , is there a driver web site that will give me back my drivers

Last edited by Doctor Inferno on Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:18 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : changed wording)

suzonka
Intermediate
Intermediate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: need Drivers to connect to the internet

Post by Digitalocksmith on Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:36 pm

Running Windows 98 is not recommended in todays networking enviroment.

Its old hat and extrememly vunerable......finding drivers and the likes may be very difficult!

Nothing worthwhile running these days will fit with 98.....

Sounds like your in need of a compatible ethernet controller but i would need your system specifications to be able to hunt one down!

Is your system capable of running XP SP2 at a minimum and do you have access to an install disc?

Regards

Digitalocksmith
Leader
Leader

OS : Windows 7 Ultimate x64 beta 1 (build 7048) - Testing Bluewhite64 Linux 12.2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzonka on Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:19 am

@Digitalocksmith wrote:Running Windows 98 is not recommended in todays networking enviroment.

Its old hat and extrememly vunerable......finding drivers and the likes may be very difficult!

Nothing worthwhile running these days will fit with 98.....

Sounds like your in need of a compatible Ethernet controller but i would need your system specifications to be able to hunt one down!

Is your system capable of running XP SP2 at a minimum and do you have access to an install disc?

Regards
Its a gateway tower type pc using windows 98 with this modem Motorola sbv 5120 for the cable set up , I cant change it o anything else I would just like to know how to down load another driver for the earthnet that's coming off the mother board , because this computer did not come with an earthinet so the cable guy who hooked it up use the UBS cable from the back of the computer to the modem thanks

suzonka
Intermediate
Intermediate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Digitalocksmith on Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:44 am

Ok....can you tell us your motherboard specs?

If you can gain internet access on a machine, download and install this freeware application that will give you all your system hardware specifications.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Belarc_Advisor_d1385.html

It should work with 98 so give it a try and then post your motherboard specs back here so i can take a look!

Regards

Digitalocksmith
Leader
Leader

OS : Windows 7 Ultimate x64 beta 1 (build 7048) - Testing Bluewhite64 Linux 12.2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved motherboard specs download

Post by suzonka on Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:45 am

@Digitalocksmith wrote:Ok....can you tell us your motherboard specs?

If you can gain internet access on a machine, download and install this freeware application that will give you all your system hardware specifications.

It should work with 98 so give it a try and then post your motherboard specs back here so i can take a look!

Regards
Smile
I will be going there saturday Ill do that and post it for you ,thanks again

suzonka
Intermediate
Intermediate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved fixed internet log on problem thanks Digitalocksmith

Post by suzonka on Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:20 pm

@Digitalocksmith wrote:Ok....can you tell us your motherboard specs?

Regards

Thanks I found out that the cable modem did not have the drivers installed so I went to my local cable office and got a drivers down load disk and it worked fine , thanks Digitalocksmith Hooray!

suzonka
Intermediate
Intermediate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top