Valedictorian

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Valedictorian

Post by Sir $wat on 29th November 2008, 2:00 am

My mother was named Valedictorian for the University of Guyana - Berbice Campus.

I'm very excited.... wont be on 2moro.

Have graduation and some sporting....lol

Sir $wat
Top Dog
Top Dog

Posts Posts : 2078
Joined Joined : 2008-08-16
Gender Gender : Male
OS OS : Windows XP Professional SP3
Protection Protection : Panda Cloud
Points Points : 34181
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Valedictorian

Post by Agent Cosmic on 29th November 2008, 2:44 am

Even though I don't know what a Valedictorian is, it sounds good, so, congrats and have a nice time. My Buddy

FunSubstance is the place to go for daily entertainment.

Agent Cosmic
Master
Master

Posts Posts : 3267
Joined Joined : 2008-03-07
OS OS : Windows 7
Protection Protection : ESET Smart Security
Points Points : 50448

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Inferno on 29th November 2008, 2:59 am

Congratulations to your mother.... and you! Hooray!

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

Doctor Inferno
Administrator
Administrator

Posts Posts : 12015
Joined Joined : 2007-12-26
OS OS : Windows 7 Home Premium and Ultimate X64
Protection Protection : Kaspersky PURE and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Points Points : 104610

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir $wat on 29th November 2008, 3:11 am

A Valedictorian is a top student at a university.

it means that she got a higher GPA than any other person at the university...

Sir $wat
Top Dog
Top Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AuroraRange on 29th November 2008, 6:42 am

Congrats to your mom and you Hooray!

AuroraRange
Leader
Leader

Posts Posts : 507
Joined Joined : 2008-08-22
OS OS : Xubuntu & Windows 7
Points Points : 30799

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir $wat on 29th November 2008, 12:06 pm

thanx....

Sir $wat
Top Dog
Top Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zaviershk on 29th November 2008, 2:57 pm

congrats mate! Smile

RAW!!

zaviershk
Leader
Leader

Posts Posts : 621
Joined Joined : 2008-06-15
OS OS : Xp sp3
Points Points : 31303

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir $wat on 29th November 2008, 4:18 pm

wanna c the speech?

Sir $wat
Top Dog
Top Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jojozzzzz on 30th November 2008, 1:43 am

yeah, why not. and congrats Hooray!

sig made by agent cosmic.

jojozzzzz
Leader
Leader

Posts Posts : 424
Joined Joined : 2008-06-14
Gender Gender : Female
OS OS : vista
Points Points : 31214

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir $wat on 4th December 2008, 1:00 am

plz ignore the typos...

VALEDICTORY SPEECH

Pro-Chancellor, Vice Chancellor, the Registrar, Deans of Faculties, Director of the University of Guyana Berbice Campus, Guest Speaker, The Honorable Speaker of the National Assembly, Mr. Ralph Ramkarran, other members of the platform, special invitees, graduates, ladies and gentlemen, a pleasant good evening to you all.

It is an honour to stand on behalf of all the graduating students as Valedictorian for the 7th Convocation exercise 2008. The University of Guyana Berbice Campus was brought to life through the vision of the Government of Guyana. It was a vision for Berbicians, a vision that has allowed us to walk its corridors and sit in its lecture rooms to qualify ourselves at a higher level. Education is the corner stone for all human development. It is a universal practice engaged in by societies at all stages of development. For us, we came to the University to acquire a tertiary education. Let our education show that we can now deal with knowledge that recognisably worthwhile while at the same time capable of achieving voluntary and committed responses from ourselves. We must display a quality of understanding that shows a rise in our mental perspectives and we must use methods that encourage the exercise of good judgement and the use of our critical faculties.
My fellow graduates, let our learning reveal a change in our behaviour. Let our certificates, diplomas, degrees and associate degrees reflect in the attitude, commitment, and dedication in our workplace, home, community and country as a whole. Remember that collectively each one of us can make a difference. It was Herbert Spencer who said “The great aim of education is not knowledge but action” therefore, let our actions reflect our new learning.
Our years at the University were marked with many successes and milestones. We have forged new friendships, we shared laughter and grief, frustration and joy together and these years will always be remembered.
Success never comes in isolation. People touch your life each day in different ways and so I take this opportunity to recognize the people who have been a part in my success.
Firstly, I have to thank god for taking control over my life and to give me the health and strength to persevere in my studies.
To the Director and staff of the University of Guyana Berbice Campus, to the lecturers from Turkeyn Campus, your dedication and commitment to your students were invaluable. We never could have achieved success without you. To the support staff at the University of Guyana Berbice Campus, your warm smiles helped me through frustrating times.
To my Headteacher, Ms. Germaine Southwell and all other staff members, especially Miss Shevon Charles and Miss Juliet Parris. You were the ones who encouraged me to take the opportunity to attend the University and your belief in me never waivered. I thank you.
To the entire Primary General Class, you were the best the group I ever had the privilege to study with. Everyday was remarkable and filled with many challenges. We have shared so many unforgettable moments together. To Salick and Shanaz, I am very happy to make your dream a reality. It was your desire to see me as valedictorian and your kept pushing me to reach for the stars. Our entire class worked as a team and today we have achieved because we are all valedictorians in our own right. We are all winners.
To my two cousins, Saleema and her daughter Shameela Kassim. Your were like surrogate family to me, thank you for your caring thoughts and consideration for my welfare during these past years.
To my two sons. Jeremy and Andre De Freitas. What would I have done without you guys? You are the best sons a mother can ask for. Your help was tremendous, your love never waivered and you took the bad times and late hours without complaint. Andre, I hope you follow in my footsteps as you pursue your trained teacher’s certificate. To Shazi Bacchus, thank for your support during these years of my study.
To my family overseas, especially my brother, I thank you for all your support.
Finally, to a very dear friend who has been a lifeline during the difficult times, thank you for your support.
My fellow graduates, I urge you, let us display our new knowledge in a tangible way, work deligently, let us make the people who come into contact with us proud. Let us make our University proud, let us make our country proud. To the education faculty, I quote John Cotton Dana “Who dares to teach must never cease to learn”, so forge ahead graduates, continue to educate yourselves because education is dynamic and it is changing.
God bless the University of Guyana Berbice Campus, God Bless Guyana

Sir $wat
Top Dog
Top Dog

View user profile