Front audio panel prob

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Front audio panel prob

Post by Chosen1 on Tue 11 Mar 2008, 3:04 am

I bought a case with a front panel audio connectors and connected those individual cables from this to my motherboard (Asus P5VD1-X). There were four cables, and I connected L to Line Out L(eft), R to Line Out R(ight), Mic to Mic2 and G to AGND.

After wiring them together the sound works fine from these connectors, but my rear connectors no longer work when I attach my two desktop speakers to the lineout socket at the back. I think somewhere the sound is being cut to the rear motherboard sound connections due to my wiring - is this the case?

Expert Surfer
Expert Surfer

Operating System : windows xp, 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Front audio panel prob

Post by Doctor Inferno on Tue 11 Mar 2008, 1:40 pm

Thatís exactly whatís happening. Youíll find two more connectors on the motherboard called L_BLINE OUT and R_BLINE OUT or something similar. When the front panel connectors arenít in use, a jumper ensures the rear connectors are enabled; if these jumpers are removed and the two BLINE connectors arenít hooked up to anything then the front connector comes online and the rear are disabled.

Sadly, it appears your case doesnít have the extra cables required to enable you to use the rear connectors at the same time as your front speakers. There is, however, a workaround you can try. Leave the front lineout connectors unconnected. This means that your speakers will work using the rear connection, which ensures the speaker cables donít get in the way. Most modern speaker sets have headphone sockets, so use these if necessary.

Youíll find that even if both front and rear connectors worked, plugging in the headphones to the front connector wouldnít cut the output to the speakers anyway. If youíd like to plug in a microphone occasionally then hook up the Mic and G cables to transfer the input from the back to the front, ensuring that you get some advantage from your front panel.

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

Doctor Inferno
The GeekPolice

The GeekPolice

Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium and Ultimate X64

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum