Page 1 of 1
- FreeBooterSite Admin
OS : Windows 10
Arch. : x64 (64-bit)
Anti-Malware : ESET Smart Security
Posts : 1987
Rubies : 813783
Likes : 206
How to View Email Headers in Outlook 2016
An email message internet header provides a list of technical details about the message, such as who sent it, IP adress of the sender, the software used to compose it, and the email servers that it passed through on its way to the recipient. Most of the time, only an administrator will need to view internet headers for a message. The truth is that it contains a lot of information for you to retrieve.
Microsoft hid one really handy and essential feature - the possibility to view message headers.
View Message Headers in Outlook 2016
1. Open the email with the headers you need to see.
2. Select the File tab in the email's window.
3. Click on the Properties button.
4. You'll get the "Properties" dialog box. In the "Internet Headers" field you'll see all information about the message.
The Properties box is a really handy option and it would be nice to be able to get it at your earliest convenience. The Quick Access Toolbar is a good place to add a command to view the email message internet header with a single click.
1. Go to the File tab and click Options from the left menu list.
2. In the Outlook Options dialog, select Quick Access Toolbar.
3. Select All commands from the Choose commands list.
4. In the below list find and select "Message Options".
4. Click the "Add >>" button and click OK button.
5. Now you can view the message headers just by clicking the Message Options icon on the Quick Access Toolbar.
Did you find this tutorial helpful? Don’t forget to share your views with us.
Create an account or log in to leave a reply
You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.
Page 1 of 1
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum