Page 1 of 1
- Dr JayHead Admin
Power of Youth!
Posts : 14905
OS : Windows 10 Home & Pro
Arch. : x64 (64-bit)
Protection : Bitdefender Total Security
Rubies : 312123
Likes : 119
Completely Remove ByteFence Browser Hijacker
Search.Bytefence.com Hijackeris a browser hijacker that is set by many adware and spyware programs. Now, although ByteFence may be good, what malware programs use is search.bytefence.com to redirect the user's browsing habits. This is considered unwanted behavior and therefore, we must solve it. Please follow the guide below.
If this program is already installed: Skip the installation and run only the scan!
Download and install: Please download Malwarebytes' scanner to your desktop.
- Double-click mb3-setup-consumer-3.x.x.xxxx and follow the prompts to install the program.
- Click Finish.
- On the Dashboard, click the 'Check for Updates' button.
- After the update completes, click the 'Scan Now' button.
- A Threat Scan will begin. Please allow it to progress through the scanning process.
- When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Quarantines Selected button to allow the program to clean what was detected.
- In most cases, a restart will be required.
- Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.
Please download Malwarebytes' AdwCleaner onto your Desktop.
- Double click on AdwCleaner_xxxx.exe to run the tool.
- Press Scan, wait for it to finish, and then hit Clean.
- Your computer will be rebooted automatically. If it does not, please reboot the computer manually.
STILL HAVING PROBLEMS?
If you are still having problems after following steps 1 and 2 above, please do the following:
Read this topic and then post your logs in this forum section
Create an account or log in to leave a reply
You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.
Page 1 of 1
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum