Spilled liquid on laptop

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Spilled liquid on laptop

Post by alilujah on Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:59 pm

Hello,
Yesterday I accidentally spilled liquid on my Lenovo IdeaPad p580. (one of those flavor packets you mix with water) I drained it and let it dry and when I was wiping it down, it shut off. Today, there are 2 lights on and it's making that noise it makes when you open it, but nothing happens. The lights that are on, are the battery light (orange) and the power light (white) I have it plugged in right now and it doesn't seem to be charging or anything. I tried hooking it up to another monitor to see if maybe the monitor was out but it didn't work. Most of the liquid got on the keyboard. I'm not sure if any got inside anywhere else. But I took the back part off (where you can see the circuits and the bottom of the disc drive) and it didn't look like any liquid got in there. I'm thinking maybe if liquid did get in it was through the ports on the side.

Is there any hope? I'm already getting a new laptop. I just want it to work enough to be able to get pictures and videos of my daughter off of that laptop...I'll be super bummed if all those pictures are lost.
It seems a little better then it was yesterday, but it's still not doing anything, but maybe with time it will start working again?? Maybe???

alilujah
Intermediate
Intermediate

Posts Posts : 186
Joined Joined : 2009-01-30
Gender Gender : Female
OS OS : Windows 7
Points Points : 30620
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spilled liquid on laptop

Post by Superdave on Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:13 pm

There are many videos on YouTube dealing with this problem. You may be lucky but with sugar based liquids the news is not good. You can buy a USB contraption that will hook up to your harddrive and enable you to get your data off.

Superdave
Captain
Captain

Posts Posts : 4202
Joined Joined : 2010-02-01
Gender Gender : Male
OS OS : Windows 8.1 and a dual-boot with XP Home SP3
Protection Protection : MSE, Windows Defender, Windows firewall
Points Points : 83181
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down