Toshiba DVDRW not working

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Toshiba DVDRW not working

Post by Kama on Tue May 07, 2013 3:15 pm

This system is less than a year old. The drive worked fine but I haven't used it in awhile. Decided to install a game I haven't played in awhile but the drive doesn't respond and shows up intermittently upon reboot. Sometimes if I boot with a CD in the drive the icon of the program on the CD will appear as the drive icon but I cannot get the drive to respond. Device manager said there was a new driver installed but a version of the previous driver was still there so there was some kind of conflict. Called Cyberpower, the folks that put the computer together, and the tech jumped to reformatting my hard drive because my system was corrupt, without asking any questions. I have to call bullshit on this one. It is obviously a driver issue as there are no other malfunctions. I tried uninstalling the driver in device manager but the device disappeared from the manager completely. The drive appears to be TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224BB ATA Device. Hope that gets us somewhere, because I couldn't find a driver that pointed to this device...

Kama
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Toshiba DVDRW not working

Post by Kama on Tue May 07, 2013 9:26 pm

Found the right firmware to install from TSST. Seemed to work for a few seconds then the DVD went non-responsive. Very annoying... Please help.

SH-224BB SB00 was the firmware installed.

Kama
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Toshiba DVDRW not working

Post by Kama on Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:00 pm

Seriously? Can no one help me with this issue? Someone please help!

Kama
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top