Is it possible to remove a password from a notebook startup?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is it possible to remove a password from a notebook startup?

Post by digiman56 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:18 pm

My son passed away suddenly just before this holiday season (20th). He was an unorganised lad and wrote his passwords on scraps of paper and in his diary but I cannot find one for his Notebook anywhere.

I really need to access his notebook as there are a number of accounts with Amazon, Ebay etc that need cancelling plus his friends on email need to be informed. I saw a similar post in this section where you could not help but I feel for this request someone might help me please?

To support my request can I ask you to take a look at my Facebook page?

https://www.facebook.com/martin.anderson.771?ref=tn_tnmn or search for 'Martin Anderson. My avatar is a sillhouetted motocross bike & rider.....and my original announcement is lower down on the right hand side.

My son left a clue as a hint to his password which I think refers to a book author but as he has over 200 it may take me months and I don't have that long to sort it..

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

Thank you, Martin

digiman56
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it possible to remove a password from a notebook startup?

Post by Jan2011 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:00 pm

I'm sorry to hear that your son passed. I can't image what you must be feeling.

On the password recovery: I'm sorry but without being able to verify that you are indeed the owner of this machine, I doubt you'll get help here to remove the password. I think your request violates rule #12 dealing with hacking accounts in general.

Read here: http://www.GeekPolice.net/t26-forum-rules-read-before-posting

12. Hacking or inquiring about hacking email accounts, website accounts, gaming accounts, Facebook or any other accounts in general, and also anything to do with private permissions manipulating is not allowed.

Jan2011
Leader
Leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it possible to remove a password from a notebook startup?

Post by digiman56 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:31 pm

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I understand the concern with Rule #12 and now accept that I may never be able to access his notebook. Shame as it is only 18 months old :sad:

However, in an attempt top be positive, I found the book he referred to and have attempted a number of combinations but no luck so far...still plenty of time left yet before i finally accept defeat LOL

I know that I can buy a security program that can either bypass or disable the password but it requires a USB memory stick (the notebook has no dvd/cd writer) but the BIOS won't let me change the start up from HDD to USB, yet an email from Samsung says I can change it...stuffed if i can get it to work!!!

Anyways, onwards and upwards eh? :O)

Martin

digiman56
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top