Remotely connect to another PC - Both users can control it

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Remotely connect to another PC - Both users can control it

Post by Two-Eyes on 25th December 2012, 11:30 am

Hi all, and Merry Christmas Smile

I'm curious, is there a way how I can connect to another computer in my network in order to control it at the same time as the computer's user? I want to do that instead of connecting an external keyboard to the other PC (because we don't have a compatible keyboard, and I'd like to try my options before buying one).

I tried using Remote Desktop, but that disallows the other user from using the PC. Maybe you have an idea Smile

thanks very much!
Two-Eyes

I believe the bushes in my yard will BURN before God picks up a PC to send his message! -the soapbox speech against chain-mail

Two-Eyes
Senior
Senior

Posts Posts : 221
Joined Joined : 2010-01-09
Gender Gender : Male
OS OS : Windows 7 Home Edition
Protection Protection : Comodo Firewall&Defense+ - MBAM - Avira Antivirus
Points Points : 25814
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Remotely connect to another PC - Both users can control it

Post by Seeker1437 on 26th December 2012, 3:39 pm

@Two-Eyes wrote:Hi all, and Merry Christmas Smile

I'm curious, is there a way how I can connect to another computer in my network in order to control it at the same time as the computer's user? I want to do that instead of connecting an external keyboard to the other PC (because we don't have a compatible keyboard, and I'd like to try my options before buying one).

I tried using Remote Desktop, but that disallows the other user from using the PC. Maybe you have an idea Smile

thanks very much!
Two-Eyes

Hey there, I recommend using Teamviewer for that task.
I use it to help users install applications and provide software level support. Although Teamviewer has the built in ability to use VoIP (Voice Chating), when I work with users, I like to open a text document where I can ask the user a question and they can respond.

It supports the local and remote user having control at the same time as well as disabling the remote user's control when needed.

Because of how the application works, you do not have to do anything but install on both systems, acquire the Partner ID and password. then connect.

You also get the ability to remotely log off, restart the user's computer normally, or even into safe mode and regain control when the system is available.

Teamviewer site: Teamviewer

Never underestimate the power of Pie.

Seeker1437
Developer
Developer

Posts Posts : 155
Joined Joined : 2012-09-08
OS OS : Windows 10 Pro & Windows Server 2012 R2, iOS 10, Android 5.0 & 6.0, MacOS Sierra
Protection Protection : Nod32 Internet Security, MBAM
Points Points : 16176

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Two-Eyes on 26th December 2012, 9:08 pm

Hi,

worked quite fine, although there were some problems with sending key stokes (alphabetic keys). But We stilled figured it out (we're sitting right next to eachother, because we're playing a game at home).

I need to poke around a bit more, because since we're in the same network, I think it would be better (security wise but most importantly speed wise) if we just use the home network, and not go further out.

Thanks Smile

I believe the bushes in my yard will BURN before God picks up a PC to send his message! -the soapbox speech against chain-mail

Two-Eyes
Senior
Senior

Posts Posts : 221
Joined Joined : 2010-01-09
OS OS : Windows 7 Home Edition
Protection Protection : Comodo Firewall&Defense+ - MBAM - Avira Antivirus
Points Points : 25814

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker1437 on 26th December 2012, 9:22 pm

Oh in that case teamviewer has you covered again with LAN functionality, though I have not used it before, it allows connecting 100% locally.

Can TeamViewer be used within a local network (LAN) only?
You can establish Remote control sessions on your local network directly by using IP addresses or computer names. By default this feature is deactivated because software firewalls may open an acceptance dialog when configured this way.

To activate the LAN mode in TeamViewer full version and Host module:

In the menu click on Extras and then on Options
On the General tab activate Accept incoming LAN connections
When selecting accept exclusively it will display the IP-address of the computer in the ID-field.

A connection can now be establisher using the IP-address or alternatively using the host name.

Never underestimate the power of Pie.

Seeker1437
Developer
Developer

Posts Posts : 155
Joined Joined : 2012-09-08
OS OS : Windows 10 Pro & Windows Server 2012 R2, iOS 10, Android 5.0 & 6.0, MacOS Sierra
Protection Protection : Nod32 Internet Security, MBAM
Points Points : 16176

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top