GeekPolice
Welcome to GeekPolice.net!

From "wow" to "whoa" - we're teaching practical technology and helping others with tech support. Join our family here!

You are viewing the forum as a "Guest" which doesn't give you member privileges to ask questions or post comments.

Take 30 seconds to register or log in below and unlock the limitations of this website to discover new computer knowledge!

no network connection using VMware Player

View previous topic View next topic Go down

no network connection using VMware Player

Post by Penz on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:34 am

Hi,

Would like some advice please,

I have been using vmware player for just a few weeks and have had no problem with network connection up until last week when I did some changes (Windows re-activation and removals using 'Hijack This'. I have obviously deleted lots of stuff I am not suppose to delete as I have had nothing but pc problems ever since.

My host machine is Windows XP SP3

Guest OS is Scientific Linux

When I go to verify which processes are running it only shows vmnat.exe running but not vmnetdhcp.exe so I try to see if I can install vmnetdhcp.exe but get the pop-up window message "DllRegisterServer entry point was not found".

I am new to all of this and certainly not tech savvy so if someone would be kind enough to suggestion where I should go from here that will be much appreciated thanks.....

Penz
Beginner
Beginner

# Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top