Combofix conflic with uninstalled AV

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Combofix conflic with uninstalled AV

Post by CG_8273 on 28th January 2012, 2:01 pm

It's been months and months ago I had a trial of eset nod32 av. I uninstalled it long long ago. Was using MSE AV. I have been getting redirects science about October maybe longer. I was very badly infected back about October also. But maleware bytes cleaned it but I was still getting the redirects just been dealing with it. I was tired of it so lastnight I decided to try combofix AGAIN. Well it did something. I deleted some things (I have logs if requested I will post) It seems it reset IE because I was asked the things IE ask when it's new or whatever. But anyway I think the redirects may be gone now. My concerne is when I run combofix I got a message about eset/nod32 running. I was just concerned because I removed it months ago.
Any suggestions? Maybe it is still in the registery or a service? I looked but did not see but something seems hidden. Maybe if I get it gone maleware bytesd may find more infections?

CG_8273
Novice
Novice

Posts Posts : 6
Joined Joined : 2012-01-28
OS OS : Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Points Points : 17821
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Combofix conflic with uninstalled AV

Post by Pancake on 30th January 2012, 10:37 pm

Run this uninstaller [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You should not be using ComboFix unless specifically instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert who can interpret the logs. It is a powerful tool intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.
When issues arise due to complex malware infections, possible false detections, problems running ComboFix or with other security tools causing conflicts, experts are usually aware of them and can advise what should or should not be done while providing individual assistance. Those attempting to use ComboFix on their own do not have such information and are at risk when running the tool in an unsupervised environment.

Please read the topic [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Pancake
Senior
Senior

Posts Posts : 222
Joined Joined : 2010-03-06
Gender Gender : Male
OS OS : Windows 7
Points Points : 28188

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Combofix conflic with uninstalled AV

Post by CG_8273 on 30th January 2012, 10:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote: Run this uninstaller [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You should not be using ComboFix unless specifically instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert who can interpret the logs. It is a powerful tool intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.
When issues arise due to complex malware infections, possible false detections, problems running ComboFix or with other security tools causing conflicts, experts are usually aware of them and can advise what should or should not be done while providing individual assistance. Those attempting to use ComboFix on their own do not have such information and are at risk when running the tool in an unsupervised environment.

Please read the topic [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have tried the uninstaller. The thing is eset is not installed I ran the uninstaller and still got the error. Even with it not installed. Also I reinstalled eset just to uninstall it but it was the new version. I am about to install the same version I had ver 4 and then run the uninstaller. And as far as the combofix I have used computer's many years and I know what I am doing. I do have a backup with true image.

CG_8273
Novice
Novice

Posts Posts : 6
Joined Joined : 2012-01-28
OS OS : Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Points Points : 17821

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top