delete windows messenger

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved delete windows messenger

Post by fatguy on 7th March 2008, 12:53 pm

I upgraded to XP from Windows Me. I use MSN Messenger, which I find far superior to Windows Messenger that comes with Windows XP. I found an article that told me how to remove Windows Messenger and did so. This works perfectly until I go into Outlook Express where Windows Messenger pops up again.

Is there a way to completely remove Windows Messenger and replace it with MSN Messenger so itís incorporated with Outlook Express?

fatguy
Leader
Leader

Posts Posts : 436
Joined Joined : 2008-01-10
OS OS : vista and xp
Points Points : 32892
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: delete windows messenger

Post by Agent Cosmic on 7th March 2008, 1:05 pm

It sounds like youíve disabled rather than actually removed Windows Messenger. The easiest way to remove Windows Messenger completely from your system is to download the free MessengerDisable tool from www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_mess_disable.htm. This can be used to disable or completely remove Windows Messenger from your system, and uninstalls the files, plus tweaks the registry so Windows Messenger is disabled in Outlook Express after itís been removed

Unfortunately, while MSN Messenger automatically incorporates with Outlook and Outlook Express in earlier versions of Windows, it has been designed not to do so in Windows XP, presumably because it would cause a conflict with the built-in version of Messenger. For more on this, check out http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=330117.

Agent Cosmic
Master
Master

Posts Posts : 3267
Joined Joined : 2008-03-07
Gender Gender : Male
OS OS : Windows 7
Protection Protection : ESET Smart Security
Points Points : 50458
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down