unknown virus

View previous topic View next topic Go down

unknown virus

Post by bertakon on Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:37 pm

Hello!
I'm having major problems with my laptop which runs on windows 7. This problem has been going on for about a week now. Whatever is affecting my computer has disabled my network firewall and my mcafee firewall. I cannot download any antivirus help like hijackthis or combofix. If it helps, before this virus began attacking my computer I had the Win 7 virus which asked for payment, I believe I've fixed this virus with malwarebytes. I am running my laptop in safemode, but I still get pop ups from mcafee telling me my computer is at risk. I tried to download OTL, but I keep getting a pop up that says "your current security settings do not allow you to download this file". This message appears each and every time I try to download something new to help kill the virus. I have also tried to system recovery, but the only dates I can choose from are 11/25 and 11/24 both of which my computer has been infected. I'm not sure what to do and I need major help before I resort to the $200 it costs to visit Geek Squad. Thank you so much for any help!

bertakon
Beginner
Beginner

Posts Posts : 3
Joined Joined : 2011-11-28
Gender Gender : Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: unknown virus

Post by Belahzur on Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:38 am

Hello.
Please read this thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Follow the instructions and post back with the required logs.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.

Belahzur
Administrator
Administrator

Posts Posts : 34916
Joined Joined : 2008-08-03
Gender Gender : Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bertakon on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:04 am

i am unable to donwload OTL. I keep getting a pop up saying my security settings prevent me from downloading. this has happened each an every time i try to download anything that can possibly help me fight this virus

bertakon
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Superdave on Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:14 pm

If you can't access the internet with your infected computer you will have to download and transfer any programs to the computer you're using now and transfer them to the infected computer with a CD-RW or a USB storage device. I prefer a CD because a storage device can get infected. If you use a storage device hold the shift key down while inserting the USB storage device for about 10 secs. You will also have to transfer the logs you receive back to the good computer using the same method until we can get the computer back on-line.

Superdave
Captain
Captain

Posts Posts : 4202
Joined Joined : 2010-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bertakon on Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:14 am

problem solved, thank you both for your help!

bertakon
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belahzur on Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:56 pm

Cheers Dave!

Your machine may not be clean though, please post logs.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.

Belahzur
Administrator
Administrator

Posts Posts : 34916
Joined Joined : 2008-08-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top