GeekPolice
Welcome to GeekPolice.net!

From "wow" to "whoa" - we're teaching practical technology and helping others with tech support. Join our family here!

You are viewing the forum as a "Guest" which doesn't give you member privileges to ask questions or post comments.

Take 30 seconds to register or log in below and unlock the limitations of this website to discover new computer knowledge!

Rookit: hidden-boot sector

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rookit: hidden-boot sector

Post by Crossed on Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:29 am

So I was using my laptop at uni and they blocked me from the internet saying I had a virus. So I installed Avast and did a scan which led to a blue screen.

Rebooted and did a quick scan this time and found Rookit: hidden-boot sector

So I chose to delete it and thought it was solved until I rebooted again and tried to open my web browser. Neither firefox nor IE worked however my torrent does. I did a system restore and got 69 windows update which all failed due to a connection problem it said.

Googled and saw someone saying to use ComboFix but the blue screen always occurs when I try to execute it.

//edit

Used tddskiller and got rid of it. Now I just gotta figure out how to solve my connection problem

Crossed
Beginner
Beginner

# Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rookit: hidden-boot sector

Post by Dr Jay on Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:11 pm

Please visit this webpage for a tutorial on downloading and running ComboFix:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

See the area: Using ComboFix, and when done, post the log back here.

Dr. Jay (DJ)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dr Jay
Administrator
Administrator

# Likes : 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top