GeekPolice
Welcome to GeekPolice.net!

From "wow" to "whoa" - we're teaching practical technology and helping others with tech support. Join our family here!

You are viewing the forum as a "Guest" which doesn't give you member privileges to ask questions or post comments.

Take 30 seconds to register or log in below and unlock the limitations of this website to discover new computer knowledge!

Windows Vista Keeps crashing, complete pc shut down

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Windows Vista Keeps crashing, complete pc shut down

Post by megfurey on Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:01 am

I run Vista. My computer keeps crashing. All programs shut down soon after starting my computer. Takes around 10 minutes before total shutdown. How can I fix this?

Also, I am having a problem with being redirected to sites. Any time I go to a search engine and after I select a link, I am redirected to spam. What can I do?

Thanks so much!

megfurey
Novice
Novice

# Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Windows Vista Keeps crashing, complete pc shut down

Post by Gabethebabe on Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:08 pm

Hi there megfurey!

I am Gabethebabe and I will be helping you with this issue. Before we start some general remarks/rules:
  • Whilst Im helping you, please follow my instructions carefully and do not experiment on your own or accept help from other persons.
  • Feel free to ask questions! Especially if my instructions are not clear. Im here to help, not confuse you.
  • I will try and respond quickly, but please understand I do have a real life (job, wife, 3 kids, kinky hobbies).
  • Stick with me till the end. If your computer starts running better, doesnt mean it is clean yet!

====================

• Download TDSSKiller by Kaspersky from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and save it to your desktop
  • Doubleclick TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool
  • Click the Start Scan button
  • After the scan has finished, click the Close button
  • Click the Report button and copy/paste the contents of it into your next reply
  • The report can also be found in the root of your Windows drive (most likely C:\).

====================

Please download aswMBR by Alwil Software from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and save it to your desktop.

• Double click aswMBR.exe to run the tool
  • Click the Scan button to start the scan
  • Dont panic if you see any **Rootkit** entries. The tool sometimes produces false alarms
  • Once the scan finishes click Save log to save the log to your desktop
  • Copy and paste the contents of this log (aswMBR.txt) into your next reply.

Gabethebabe
Top Dog
Top Dog

# Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top