tdss rootkit removed , still cant open some malware progs?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

tdss rootkit removed , still cant open some malware progs?

Post by ericjones on Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:21 am

Hello , Had a tdss rootkit that rootkit killer removed. There are a few programs that I cannot get to work though. They will download but wont open and seem blocked. threatfire and iobit malware fighter. Any ideas how to fix this simply? Thanx

ericjones
Beginner
Beginner

Posts Posts : 1
Joined Joined : 2011-08-29
OS OS : vista
Points Points : 19263
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: tdss rootkit removed , still cant open some malware progs?

Post by Gabethebabe on Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:24 am

Hi there Eric!

I am Gabethebabe and I will be helping you with this issue. Before we start some general remarks/rules:
  • Whilst Im helping you, please follow my instructions carefully and do not experiment on your own or accept help from other persons.
  • Feel free to ask questions! Especially if my instructions are not clear. Im here to help, not confuse you.
  • I will try and respond quickly, but please understand I do have a real life (job, wife, 3 kids, kinky hobbies).
  • Stick with me till the end. If your computer starts running better, doesnt mean it is clean yet!

====================

Time to use ComboFix by sUBs, a powerful tool that you are advised not to run without supervision of a trained malware helper. Please visit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and read the tutorial on using ComboFix very carefully. After that download the tool and save it to your desktop.

Doubleclick ComboFix.exe to run the tool. Please post its log back here.

Gabethebabe
Top Dog
Top Dog

Posts Posts : 1568
Joined Joined : 2010-03-07
Gender Gender : Male
OS OS : Win7
Points Points : 38218
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top