windows wont start

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

windows wont start

Post by nature7827 on Mon 25 Jul 2011, 4:35 am

First topic message reminder :

My dell laptop has severe issues. I am running windows 7 home premium. It turned off by itself so i turned it back on then it wouldnt let me past the windows starting screen. After several attempts to get it started it finally let me start it in safe mode with networking. The safe mode still runs very slowly and I cant seem to figure out what is wrong. Before it turned itself off I had downloaded some games the night before and it was working fine till the next morning when I found out it shut itself off. I uninstalled all the games I had downloaded with no luck. I ran a full scan on Malwarebytes Anti- Malware and it found nothing. I tried to run norton scan but I guess not all the features are available in safe mode. Can someone help me with this. For some reason it is not finding the restore points I have made so I cannot restore it.

nature7827

Rookie Surfer
Rookie Surfer

Operating System : windows 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: windows wont start

Post by Superdave on Sat 13 Aug 2011, 10:07 am

I have not restore the files it let me back up. I do not know what infected my pc in the first place.
Before putting them back on your computer, you should scan them with your AV program first. I believe you can also scan them with SAS and MBAM.

Thanks for the recommended anti virus list. Should I have any other protection on here? .
You can keep SAS and MBAM on your computer, if you wish. Update them and run them regularly. Here are some other suggestions.

I suggest using WOT - Web of Trust. WOT is a free Internet security addon for your browser. It will keep you safe from online scams, identity theft, spyware, spam, viruses and unreliable shopping sites. WOT warns you before you interact with a risky website. It's easy and it's free.

SpywareBlaster- Secure your Internet Explorer to make it harder for ActiveX programs to run on your computer. Also stop certain cookies from being added to your computer when running Mozilla based browsers like Firefox.
* Using SpywareBlaster to protect your computer from Spyware and Malware
* If you don't know what ActiveX controls are, see here

Protect yourself against spyware using the Immunize feature in Spybot - Search & Destroy. Guide: Use Spybot's Immunize Feature to prevent spyware infection in real-time. Note: To ensure you have the latest Immunizations always update Spybot - Search & Destroy before Immunizing. Spybot - Search & Destroy FAQ

Superdave
Tech Staff

Tech Staff

Operating System : Windows 8.1 and a dual-boot with XP Home SP3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nature7827 on Tue 16 Aug 2011, 9:15 am

Ok great. thank you so much for all of your help. I appreciate it very much so.

nature7827

Rookie Surfer
Rookie Surfer

Operating System : windows 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Superdave on Tue 16 Aug 2011, 11:05 am

nature7827 wrote:Ok great. thank you so much for all of your help. I appreciate it very much so.
You're welcome. Tell your friends about us.

Superdave
Tech Staff

Tech Staff

Operating System : Windows 8.1 and a dual-boot with XP Home SP3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nature7827 on Tue 16 Aug 2011, 11:46 am

Oh i do tell everyone about this site.

nature7827

Rookie Surfer
Rookie Surfer