windows wont start

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: windows wont start

Post by Superdave on Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:07 pm

I have not restore the files it let me back up. I do not know what infected my pc in the first place.
Before putting them back on your computer, you should scan them with your AV program first. I believe you can also scan them with SAS and MBAM.

Thanks for the recommended anti virus list. Should I have any other protection on here? .
You can keep SAS and MBAM on your computer, if you wish. Update them and run them regularly. Here are some other suggestions.

I suggest using [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. WOT is a free Internet security addon for your browser. It will keep you safe from online scams, identity theft, spyware, spam, viruses and unreliable shopping sites. WOT warns you before you interact with a risky website. It's easy and it's free.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]- Secure your Internet Explorer to make it harder for ActiveX programs to run on your computer. Also stop certain cookies from being added to your computer when running Mozilla based browsers like Firefox.
* [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] from Spyware and Malware
* If you don't know what ActiveX controls are, see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Protect yourself against spyware using the Immunize feature in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Guide: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to prevent spyware infection in real-time. Note: To ensure you have the latest Immunizations always update Spybot - Search & Destroy before Immunizing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Superdave
Captain
Captain

Posts Posts : 4202
Joined Joined : 2010-02-01
Gender Gender : Male
OS OS : Windows 8.1 and a dual-boot with XP Home SP3
Protection Protection : MSE, Windows Defender, Windows firewall
Points Points : 83171
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nature7827 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:15 pm

Ok great. thank you so much for all of your help. I appreciate it very much so. Big Grin

nature7827
Intermediate
Intermediate

Posts Posts : 65
Joined Joined : 2009-10-24
Gender Gender : Female
OS OS : windows 7
Protection Protection : Avast, malwarebytes Anti-malware, Zone Alarm Firewall,
Points Points : 26593

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Superdave on Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:05 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Ok great. thank you so much for all of your help. I appreciate it very much so. Big Grin
You're welcome. Tell your friends about us.

Superdave
Captain
Captain

Posts Posts : 4202
Joined Joined : 2010-02-01
Gender Gender : Male
OS OS : Windows 8.1 and a dual-boot with XP Home SP3
Protection Protection : MSE, Windows Defender, Windows firewall
Points Points : 83171

View user profile

Back to top Go down