GeekPolice
Welcome to GeekPolice.net!

From "wow" to "whoa" - we're teaching practical technology and helping others with tech support. Join our family here!

You are viewing the forum as a "Guest" which doesn't give you member privileges to ask questions or post comments.

Take 30 seconds to register or log in below and unlock the limitations of this website to discover new computer knowledge!

Vista will not boot after system restore

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vista will not boot after system restore

Post by carnivelle on Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:22 pm

Hi

I was away and my daughter decided to do a system restore on her Toshiba laptop A100
now it won't boot, it says Startup repair can't automatically repair system and when I try to get in to the advanced options it asks for my country (I can only enter US ever though I am in UK) and then my password. I can get to my user account but the password doesn't work - I have tried every one I would ever have used, I have tried using the Administrator account and leaving blank, typing Toshiba (upper and lower case and every mix I can think of, A100, a100, 123456, 000000 and just 0. I gave up and pressed f8 to get to the advanced boot and was going to do a resore but it still asks me for a password grrrrr. Any help greatfully recieved - Thank you

carnivelle
Beginner
Beginner

# Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vista will not boot after system restore

Post by Jan2011 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:49 pm

I wonder why she did a System Restore. There was probably something going on that she thought she could fix by doing the restore.

Jan2011
Leader
Leader

# Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top