Think I made it worse

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Think I made it worse

Post by designmom on Mon 09 May 2011, 9:42 am

Hi
This morning I discovered a MS tooll virus on my lap top. After doing some research I followed the instructions I found on here and downloaded the malwarebyte software. If loaded and scanned sucessfully or so I thought. When I tries to reboot I now go into a loop of trying to bring windows up. I can't even get it to go into safe mode now. Istead I get a blue screen with a eror message that disappears so fast I cant read it. Any suggestions?

designmom

Unborn
Unborn

Operating System : Windows XP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Think I made it worse

Post by Gabethebabe on Mon 09 May 2011, 8:17 pm

Hi there designmom and welcome to GeekPolice!

I am Gabethebabe and I will be helping you with this issue. Before we start some general remarks/rules:
  • Whilst Im helping you, please follow my instructions carefully and do not experiment on your own or accept help from other persons.
  • Feel free to ask questions! Especially if my instructions are not clear. Im here to help, not confuse you.
  • I will try and respond quickly, but please understand I do have a real life (job, wife, 3 kids, kinky hobbies).
  • Stick with me till the end. If your computer starts running better, doesnt mean it is clean yet!

====================

Some questions to start off:
- You are on Windows XP, correct? Do you have a Windows XP setup disk or can you get one?
- Please describe which parts of the Windows boot process go well (which screens do you pass successfully) and where does it fail.

Gabethebabe

Tech Advisor
Tech Advisor

Operating System : WIN7 64bit, Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabethebabe on Thu 12 May 2011, 5:07 pm

Any update on this? Do you still require my assistance?

Gabethebabe

Tech Advisor
Tech Advisor

Operating System : WIN7 64bit, Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by designmom on Fri 13 May 2011, 1:14 am

Sorry I havenot gotten back to you sooner got really busy. I actually ended up having a "tech" friend come and fix the computer. Thanks for you help though.

designmom

Unborn
Unborn

Operating System : Windows XP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:40 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: