Redirects etc...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Redirects etc...

Post by Dom Lightweight on 8th June 2011, 9:07 pm

OK so now things are in bad shape. There is a "rogue" antirvirus program making everything unusable. In the past, the program affected the computer the same way but usually I was able to run programs in the 30 seconds or so after starting up - now anything I open will be shut down automatically. The only program I can essentially run on the computer is Firefox (though Adobe, Flash, etc... won't work in Firefox). I tried to do the ESET Scanner on Internet Explorer but IE isn't working ("visiting this website may harm my computer") and when I try to turn off the proxy, it simply reinstates itself once I close the window. I tried doing the ESET Scanner on Firefox, but I had to download an installer to do that and have been unable to open the installer.

I tried running in safe mode, but the virus is also active there. I tried removing the viruses through Hiren's Boot CD using SuperAntiSpyware - it removed several viruses and advised me to restart the computer, to which I did with the main problem still present. I'm unable to open any programs at this point. Please advise and thanks as always for your help.

Dom Lightweight
Intermediate
Intermediate

Posts Posts : 59
Joined Joined : 2010-01-15
OS OS : Windows XP
Points Points : 26023
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom Lightweight on 9th June 2011, 1:12 am

Things seem to be in a bit better shape...here is a scan from HijackThis:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 9:11:14 PM, on 6/8/2011
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP3 (6.00.2900.5512)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avguard.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\arservice.exe
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avshadow.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\RaMaint.exe
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeIn.exe
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LMIGuardian.exe
C:\Program Files\M-Audio\M-Audio Series II MIDI\MA_CMIDI_Inst.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Pure Networks Shared\Platform\nmsrvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugin-container.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HiJackThis\HiJackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = http=127.0.0.1:47392
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: Increase performance and video formats for your HTML5

Dom Lightweight
Intermediate
Intermediate

Posts Posts : 59
Joined Joined : 2010-01-15
OS OS : Windows XP
Points Points : 26023
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belahzur on 9th June 2011, 2:45 pm

We need to use the RKill Tool by Grinler

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

• Please Download Rkill.com. Save it to your Desktop.
  • Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] if you are not sure how.

• NOTE: If you are unable to connect to the site to download rkill, then you should download it to a clean computer and copy it to the infected one via a USB flash drive or CDROM.

• Once it is downloaded, double-click on the rkill.com in order to automatically attempt to stop any processes associated with Rogue programs.
  • Please be patient while the program looks for various malware programs and ends them.
  • When it has finished, the black window will automatically close and you can continue with the next step.
NOTE: If you get a message that rkill is an infection, do not be concerned. This message is just a fake warning given by the rogue program, when it terminates programs that may potentially remove it. If you run into these infections warnings that close Rkill, a trick is to leave the warning on the screen and then run Rkill again. By not closing the warning, this typically will allow you to bypass the malware trying to protect itself so that rkill can terminate the rogue program. So, please try running Rkill until the malware is no longer running. You will then be able to proceed with the rest of the steps.

If you continue having problems running rkill.com, you can download:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
which are renamed copies of rkill.com, and try them instead.

Try Combofix again.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.

Belahzur
Administrator
Administrator

Posts Posts : 34918
Joined Joined : 2008-08-03
Gender Gender : Male
OS OS : 7 Home Premium x64
Points Points : 245111
# Likes # Likes : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top