Can't scale display after Windows Update

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't scale display after Windows Update

Post by drokness on 21st April 2011, 5:15 pm

Hi, I hope this is the right forum for this problem. Anyway, I have an ST2220L Dell monitor and when I first hooked it up to my Studio XPS desktop with an HDMI cable, the display refused to span the whole screen. So I went into ATI Catalyst Control Center and was able to adjust the scaling options and fix it. And all was well for a few days, but today I made the mistake of downloading the new windows updates - and now everything's all jacked up again. Once again my desktop does not span the whole screen so I thought - okay I'll just go into the CCC and fix it. Well now here's the problem - CCC doesn't detect my monitor!!! If I go to Graphics then Desktop and Displays in CCC, NOTHING is there. NOTHING will show up no matter what I do. Also, I can only access CCC once after reboot - if I close it, it won't re-open until after another reboot. I can't fix the scale issue if ATI won't detect my monitor and I'm getting really frustrated.

I use Windows 7 btw.
I couldn't find any drivers for my monitor either.

Thanks.

drokness
Intermediate
Intermediate

Posts Posts : 105
Joined Joined : 2008-12-01
OS OS : Windows XP
Points Points : 30108
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't scale display after Windows Update

Post by Tekfreak on 28th April 2011, 9:30 am

Hmm... that is quite awkward... and I couldn't find the driver for the monitor anywhere either...
Have you tried restoring your computer before the update using System Restore?

Tekfreak
Beginner
Beginner

Posts Posts : 3
Joined Joined : 2011-04-28
Gender Gender : Male
OS OS : Windows 7 Home Premium
Protection Protection : Avast! Internet Security with Malwarebytes' Free
Points Points : 20546
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down