GeekPolice
Welcome to GeekPolice.net!

From "wow" to "whoa" - we're teaching practical technology and helping others with tech support. Join our family here!

You are viewing the forum as a "Guest" which doesn't give you member privileges to ask questions or post comments.

Take 30 seconds to register or log in below and unlock the limitations of this website to discover new computer knowledge!

Wireless and Radio turned off and won't turn on

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wireless and Radio turned off and won't turn on

Post by Amanda Fuller on Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:22 am

I have a Dell Latitude D830 running XP Pro. The wireless was working fine this afternoon. The Verizon Card worked yesterday. I turned it on this evening and they are both turned off and I can't get them back on. They both claim to be enabled and working fine, but both also say the computer switch is turned off and must be turned on for them to work. There is no switch. I scanned with 7 day old Malwarebytes'. I tried 3 system restores and am now back a to April 1. I tried turning on the Windows Switch in System Hardware (enable) - no luck. I tried returning them both to redundant settings through Run CMD prompt. I tried deleting them in My Computer though System Hardware and re-booting. I am out of ideas folks and would sure appreciate any help!! Thanks!! Virus???

Amanda Fuller
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wireless and Radio turned off and won't turn on

Post by Nazzgull on Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:10 pm

Hi,
It seems that you have problem with wireless card. You should contact Dell about this problem. OR you might installed a wrong driver for that card.

Nazzgull
Top Dog
Top Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top