Anti Spyware XP

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anti Spyware XP

Post by TheBlackScepter on Mon 18 Apr 2011, 11:34 am

First topic message reminder :

My computer, a Windows XP, got infected with an Anti Spyware XP virus, sending fake messages of discovering viruses and such. I have already run Microsoft Malicious Software Remover, but it did not work. I have Avast [latest version], Cookienator, Spyware Blaster, Secunia, and Anti Malwarebytes, my computer is a Service Pack 3 XP.

I hope you can help with this problem.

TheBlackScepter

Rookie Surfer
Rookie Surfer

Operating System : Windows Vista

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anti Spyware XP

Post by TheBlackScepter on Sat 30 Apr 2011, 11:17 am

thank you..

TheBlackScepter

Rookie Surfer
Rookie Surfer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belahzur on Tue 03 May 2011, 3:54 am

Hello.
Give this a try.

Click Start > Run and copy/paste the following bolded text into the Run box and click OK:

services.msc

Look for "Automatic Updates" in the list, look at it's status, what does it say?

@RealBelahzur - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.

Belahzur

Manager | Tech Officer
Manager | Tech Officer

Operating System : XP SP3 Media Centre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBlackScepter on Tue 03 May 2011, 6:05 am

automatic updates says "started". Earlier today the system was restored to april 1 and that started up the automatic updates. ( we knew exactly what date the virus attacked and from what website.) But we are still having issues with the disc drive not working or better said, not reading discs.

(I apologize for the bump situation. Apparently, according to Kenny94, I violated the policy...unknowingly. I guess I am unsure of the proper way to get the thread noticed after 2 days of no response. I will try to refine that better for future reference)

Again, in case I have not said before, thank you. I don't mean to seem impatient, it just seems odd that for the most part everything was working fine with the exception of the automatic updates and now with the disc drive not reading discs. ( I know that the virus caused the disc drive situation because it was working perfect before....is it possible for a virus to disable a disc drive?)

I am keeping the malware updated and running the quick scan each day as well as keeping the avast updated.

I await your next instructions

thanks

TheBlackScepter

Rookie Surfer
Rookie Surfer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belahzur on Wed 04 May 2011, 1:27 am

Okay then, everything should be good now. How is the machine running?

@RealBelahzur - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.

Belahzur

Manager | Tech Officer
Manager | Tech Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBlackScepter on Wed 04 May 2011, 2:35 am

The disc drive still does not operate....the virus stopped the disc drive from being recognized...so not every thing is up and running. I went into device manager and I tried to update the cd driver but it said it did not need to be updated. But when I put a math disc to use, it asked for a cd to be put in the driver, even thou it is already in the driver...it just doesnt recognize it. I don't know what to do about that....I have been scouring the internet and as Iunderstand it, it is possible for a virus to do this....but I have not found a solution as of yet....

any ideas?

TheBlackScepter

Rookie Surfer
Rookie Surfer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belahzur on Wed 04 May 2011, 4:48 am

Looking into it.

Belahzur

Manager | Tech Officer
Manager | Tech Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBlackScepter on Wed 04 May 2011, 5:01 am

I did it! I did it! I looked in the device manager and saw a yellow ! mark. I unistalled it and reinstalled it and it works! WOOHOO!

At this point is there any thing else I should do to consider this computer 'solved'?

As a reminder, we have avast free, cookienator, secunia, malwarebytes, and SUPERantispyware.....

thank you for your constant effort, even though I was not the easiest one to work with.

TheBlackScepter

Rookie Surfer
Rookie Surfer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belahzur on Thu 05 May 2011, 1:33 am

Nope, you should be good to go.

Belahzur

Manager | Tech Officer
Manager | Tech Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:00 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top