GeekPolice
Welcome to GeekPolice.net!

From "wow" to "whoa" - we're teaching practical technology and helping others with tech support. Join our family here!

You are viewing the forum as a "Guest" which doesn't give you member privileges to ask questions or post comments.

Take 30 seconds to register or log in below and unlock the limitations of this website to discover new computer knowledge!

SQL & Wireless Conflict

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SQL & Wireless Conflict

Post by Nativetexan2 on Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:50 am

I bought a used computer that a company had on their network. It is running XP Professional and SQL 2000. I wanted to use this computer as the host on my wireless Linksys home network. I reinstalled my wireless router but it says I have no internet connection although I do on the host computer. Do I have to remove the SQL and if so, how do I remove it?

Nativetexan2
Novice
Novice

# Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SQL & Wireless Conflict

Post by Jan2011 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:29 am

I'm not familiar with SQL, but I believe it's just a database.

Since this computer came out of a business environment, it might want to connect to a domain, which is still back at the business location.

I suggest that before tackling the wireless situation that you try to connect with an Ethernet wire to your router. That will eliminate some issues. Once it's established that you can connect using a wired-connection, then work on the wireless.

Note: I am not a tech here, only a user offering an opinion.

Jan2011
Leader
Leader

# Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top