Windows 7 unbable to boot

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Windows 7 unbable to boot

Post by aboyce85 on Mon 11 Apr 2011, 4:50 am

I recently tried to reformat my hard drive on my Toshiba Satellite A105-S4334 as I got a new laptop and wanted to give my old one to my sister. Before starting the recover with the Toshiba recovery disks, the laptop worked just fine. Everything during the recovery seemed fine until I got to disk 2, it would resume the recovery but then would tell me their was an error shortly after. I gave up on that and replaced the hard drive with one from another laptop I have which has Windows 7 installed on it. That one starts to boot but then comes up and tells me to run startup repair to see if it can fix the problem. It say's it cannot fix the problem automatically and when I click for details it appears that it may be a bad/missing driver (?) the other option is bad hard drive but the hard drive works in the other laptop. Is there a way around this or how can I find out what driver it needs and how to fix it? I've also tried reinstalling Windows 7 on the new hard drive and it won't work.

Thank you for any help!

aboyce85

Newbie Surfer
Newbie Surfer

Operating System : Windows 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Windows 7 unbable to boot

Post by Jan2011 on Wed 13 Apr 2011, 10:20 am

I recently tried to reformat my hard drive on my Toshiba Satellite A105-S4334 as I got a new laptop and wanted to give my old one to my sister. Before starting the recover with the Toshiba recovery disks, the laptop worked just fine. Everything during the recovery seemed fine until I got to disk 2, it would resume the recovery but then would tell me their was an error shortly after.

You might have a bad disk. Have you tried a second time?

I gave up on that and replaced the hard drive with one from another laptop I have which has Windows 7 installed on it. That one starts to boot but then comes up and tells me to run startup repair to see if it can fix the problem.

It's probably becaise the hard drive didn't come from an identical computer. Unless the comptuers are identical, you'll probalby have driiver issues. Actually, you're pretty lucky that it started at all.

Jan2011

Advanced Surfer
Advanced Surfer

Operating System : xp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum