free song downloads anywhere ??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

free song downloads anywhere ??

Post by xcaret on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:21 pm

I used to go to limewire ,then frost wire ,napster in the early days . Now I see frost wire is shut down .Where can I get p2p free downloads still?
I get my movies from Vuze ,but cant seem to get songs.
Neil

xcaret
Intermediate
Intermediate

Posts Posts : 59
Joined Joined : 2010-11-27
Gender Gender : Male
OS OS : xp
Points Points : 22481
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: free song downloads anywhere ??

Post by houndmom on Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:06 pm

Hey xcaret!
P2P downloads can open up your computer to many types of malware. The choice is yours but, this type of download information is not allowed here. Some information is as follows:
These programs allow to share files between users as the name(s) suggest. In today's world cyber crime has come to an enormous dimension and any means is used to infect personal computers to make use of their stored data or machine power for further propagation of the malware files. A popular means is the use of file-sharing tools as a tremendous amount of prospective victims can be reached through it.

It is therefore possible to be infected by downloading manipulated files via peer-to-peer tools and thus suggested to be used with intense care. Some further readings on this subject, along the included links, are as follows: File-Sharing, otherwise known as Peer To Peer and Risks of File-Sharing Technology.

It is also important to note that sharing entertainment files and proprietary software infringes the copyright laws in many countries over the world and you are putting yourself at risk of being indicted through organizations watching over the rights of the authors of such files (i.e. the RIAA for music files, or the MPAA for movie files in the USA) or the authors of the files themselves.

If we have helped you, Please consider helping us,  make a donation.

Helping fight malware.

houndmom
Leader's Leader
Leader's Leader

Posts Posts : 1053
Joined Joined : 2010-04-27
Gender Gender : Female
OS OS : Windows 7 ultimate
Protection Protection : Bitdefender Total Security 2010
Points Points : 29757

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xcaret on Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:47 pm

opps sorry for posting the banned topic. I got one of the viruses as I got one this way a few months ago.. I think I'll just join I tunes legally.
Neil

xcaret
Intermediate
Intermediate

Posts Posts : 59
Joined Joined : 2010-11-27
OS OS : xp
Points Points : 22481

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Jay on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:44 am

It's not a banned topic. But, we prefer these types of things to not be discussed, as the song downloads on programs such as Frostwire/LimeWire are not actually free. Although they can be downloaded for free, they are still subject to purchase.

Topic closed to prevent further discussion. Any other topics like this shall be moved to our garbage bin.

Dr Jay
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Posts Posts : 13714
Joined Joined : 2009-09-06
OS OS : Windows 10 Home & Pro
Protection Protection : Bitdefender Total Security
Points Points : 302072
# Likes # Likes : 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down