Internet Cannot be Enabled

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Internet Cannot be Enabled

Post by FantaLain on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:12 pm

Hello, Ive run into a bit of a frustrating problem.

This morning I updated a few programs on my pc, did the required restart etc. I came back to find my Internet no longer functioning, so I tried the other computer on which the Internet appears to be working just fine (hence me being able to post this).

On my Network connection page my connection is listed as Disabled, and upon trying to Enable it a small window will pop up saying "Connecting...Connected." then close. Only, my Internet is still disabled afterward.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? My AV is Avast! 6 (which I updated today) and my firewall is Comodo. Are these possibly the culprits?

Right now I strongly suspect my Comodo might be behind this, but I'm a fairly new user of this firewall and can't say for sure. Any thoughts?

FantaLain
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Internet Cannot be Enabled

Post by FantaLain on Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:34 am

Just an update: It appears updating my Avast to Avast 6 might be the cause of the problem. I still don't know if it's conflicting with Comodo, but disabling it didn't work, so.

I still have no idea how to fix it, since there are a few posts on the avast forums about this that have no solution.

I do not now how relevant this topic is being Avast related (I think) so please feel free to lock/close/delete this thread if you believe you cannot help me.

FantaLain
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top