GeekPolice
Welcome to GeekPolice.net!

From "wow" to "whoa" - we're teaching practical technology and helping others with tech support. Join our family here!

You are viewing the forum as a "Guest" which doesn't give you member privileges to ask questions or post comments.

Take 30 seconds to register or log in below and unlock the limitations of this website to discover new computer knowledge!

Help me i have no sound...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help me i have no sound...

Post by dyl_123 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:25 am

Hey guys could i get some help in regards to my computer...

I have a compaq presario c700 that came pre loaded with vista... i changed to xp and now have no sound... from what i have gathered i need to re download my sound driver but i have followed links and downloaded things but nothing seems to work...it has happened before and somehow my dad fixed it but now he doenst no.. so i have come here for some help...

my mofel on the label underneath the laptop is c710TU
if you could explain to me how to get the sound back i would love u forever... regards dylan

dyl_123
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help me i have no sound...

Post by Gabethebabe on Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:22 pm

Hi, the first thing you should do is check out is this:
right click my computer ==> Properties. Click the hardware tab. Click "Device Manager". All your devices are there. There is a section with video, audio and joystick driver. Is there something with a big yellow question mark?? Or are your audio devices correctly installed?

Another thing you should do is go to start ==> Control Panel and double click the Audio/sound devices icon (Iīm not what sure its name in English is, I donīt have an English operating system).
See if there are audio devices listed under the Audio tab that you can select as output device.

Hope this helps.

Gabethebabe
Top Dog
Top Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dyl_123 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:53 am

Ok so i went to the sound device section through my computer and it comes up with a red cross over the speaker symbol and next to it it says Conexant High Definition Audio Venice 5045

ans then i went to the control panel one like you said and it says that i have no playback devices so it means i cant choose one for an out put... thanks for ur help... wat should i do next

dyl_123
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Jay on Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:01 pm

Back in to Device Manager,

for the audio device listed, Conexant HD...

right click on that and select Uninstall. Then, click the Action menu and select Scan for hardware changes.

It should recognize your hardware and automatically reinstall the driver for the device. Let us know if it does not install the same driver. You will be able to tell if it is installed properly, when the name of it is the same as you listed above..Conexant HD...etc.

Dr Jay
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dyl_123 on Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:44 am

ok so i did that uninstalled it then it said it found new hardware etc etc... then it said it could not intall properly and it may not work correctly... in device manager it has a exclamation mark inside the yellow bubble thingo

dyl_123
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by davefrombc on Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:17 pm

davefrombc
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazzgull on Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:37 pm

As Jay said, it is Conexant HD. You have to download it from HP's website, it's free. Or you can just use Google. It should work after reinstallation.

Nazzgull
Top Dog
Top Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dyl_123 on Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:58 pm

ive drived downloading the new driver and it wont work... it sayit cant find the media device...

what do i do

do i go and get it looked at by someone who can fix it or just drive over a bridge and throw the bloody thing out the window

dyl_123
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazzgull on Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:06 am

I suggest you to install Motherboard Chipset driver first, and than try Audio Device.

Nazzgull
Top Dog
Top Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top