system tool 2011 removal?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

system tool 2011 removal?

Post by dandelion9493 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:46 am

Today I was using my computer when randomly a program called "system tool 2011" popped up. It will pop up like an anti-virus software and run a fake scan. It also changed my background image to something blue with a bunch of words about being in danger on it. Anytime I tried to run a program, whether it be my Trend Micro, iTunes, Firefox, or any other program, it would simply close the program pop up with a message saying that it is "infected." I tried rebooting, but as soon as everything boots up it starts running and renders my computer useless. I also tried starting up in safemode and running malwarebytes, and though it did find a total of 11 infected files, it did not remove this program. I have no idea how it got on my computer in the first place, but I am completely out of ideas for fixing it. Any help with this?

dandelion9493
Novice
Novice

Posts Posts : 27
Joined Joined : 2009-01-20
OS OS : MS Windows XP Professional
Points Points : 28785
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: system tool 2011 removal?

Post by Belahzur on Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:47 pm

Hello.

Download [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.

Belahzur
Administrator
Administrator

Posts Posts : 34916
Joined Joined : 2008-08-03
Gender Gender : Male
OS OS : XP SP3 Media Centre
Points Points : 245059
# Likes # Likes : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: system tool 2011 removal?

Post by dandelion9493 on Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:32 am

Just wanted to let you know: I went into safe-mode, and did a full scan with Malwarebytes, and so far that seems to have done the trick. Apparently when I ran it the first time it only ran for about 3 hours when the battery on my laptop ran out juice; this time it ran for about 6 hours. Thanks anyway for your help; I'll definitely keep this in mind if the problem comes up again.

dandelion9493
Novice
Novice

Posts Posts : 27
Joined Joined : 2009-01-20
OS OS : MS Windows XP Professional
Points Points : 28785
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top