Avira and windows Defender problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Avira and windows Defender problem

Post by suzonka on Fri 10 Dec 2010, 12:10 pm

I have a pc dell 531 desk top ,vista home basic and IE8 and just downloaded free Avira virus and spy ware , I noticed in my windows defender its in the portion that requires you to get your own spywear. whats my problem ,I cant run windows update manually now becuse and error pops up-80072efe .whats the fix to get my updates to work in windows up date? [b]























suzonka

Rookie Surfer
Rookie Surfer

Posts : 199
Joined : 2008-08-31
Operating System : windows 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Avira and windows Defender problem

Post by Nazzgull on Sat 11 Dec 2010, 1:38 am

Hi, i found this article for your problem on Microsoft website :
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows7/Windows-Update-error-80072efe-or-80072f76

If that didn't help, come back again I'm pretty sure your AV or Windows Defender don't let you update your computer, that's what that error mean. If you already have Avira, than you should disable Windows Defender. It's easy to do, check this post :
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Turn-Windows-Defender-on-or-off

I hope it helps.



Visit us on social networks : GeekPolice on Facebook! - GeekPolice on Twitter!

Nazzgull

Tech Advisor
Tech Advisor

Posts : 2343
Joined : 2008-08-04
Operating System : Windows 7 Professional 64bit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Avira and Defender

Post by suzonka on Sat 11 Dec 2010, 2:41 pm

Nazzgull wrote:Hi, i found this article for your problem on Microsoft website :
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows7/Windows-Update-error-80072efe-or-80072f76

If that didn't help, come back again I'm pretty sure your AV or Windows Defender don't let you update your computer, that's what that error mean. If you already have Avira, than you should disable Windows Defender. It's easy to do, check this post :
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Turn-Windows-Defender-on-or-off

I hope it helps.
thanks i tried one of the fixes and its now running OK Its just that i cant figure out why windows defender has to run other than because it has the firewall protection yet it asks to install your own anitvirus protection.

suzonka

Rookie Surfer
Rookie Surfer

Posts : 199
Joined : 2008-08-31
Operating System : windows 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Avira and windows Defender problem

Post by Nazzgull on Sat 11 Dec 2010, 9:17 pm

Windows Defender is just default protection module of Windows operating system. You don't have really to use it! Because, Windows also by default have Firewall turned On, Defender is something like - if you don't have money for antivirus, use me!

I also have Windows Defender turned off, and I use Avira Free Edition. Don't have problems yet.



Visit us on social networks : GeekPolice on Facebook! - GeekPolice on Twitter!

Nazzgull

Tech Advisor
Tech Advisor

Posts : 2343
Joined : 2008-08-04
Operating System : Windows 7 Professional 64bit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

WINDOWS DEFENDER TURN OFF

Post by suzonka on Sat 11 Dec 2010, 11:09 pm

Nazzgull wrote:Windows Defender is just default protection module of Windows operating system. You don't have really to use it! Because, Windows also by default have Firewall turned On, Defender is something like - if you don't have money for antivirus, use me!

I also have Windows Defender turned off, and I use Avira Free Edition. Don't have problems yet.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Thanks so much BUT MY WINDOWS DEFENDER IS STILL ON AND ITS ALL WORKING WITH AVIRA, SHOULD I STILL TURN OF defender . if so How do you turn it off?

suzonka

Rookie Surfer
Rookie Surfer

Posts : 199
Joined : 2008-08-31
Operating System : windows 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Avira and windows Defender problem

Post by Nazzgull on Sat 11 Dec 2010, 11:28 pm

I already give you link

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Turn-Windows-Defender-on-or-off
http://www.vista4beginners.com/How-to-disable-Windows-Defender
http://www.simplehelp.net/2009/03/11/how-to-disable-windows-defender-in-windows-7/



Visit us on social networks : GeekPolice on Facebook! - GeekPolice on Twitter!

Nazzgull

Tech Advisor
Tech Advisor

Posts : 2343
Joined : 2008-08-04
Operating System : Windows 7 Professional 64bit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Avira and windows Defender problem

Post by suzonka on Sun 12 Dec 2010, 3:09 am

Nazzgull wrote:I already give you link

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Turn-Windows-Defender-on-or-off
http://www.vista4beginners.com/How-to-disable-Windows-Defender
http://www.simplehelp.net/2009/03/11/how-to-disable-windows-defender-in-windows-7/


suzonka

Rookie Surfer
Rookie Surfer

Posts : 199
Joined : 2008-08-31
Operating System : windows 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Avira and windows Defender problem

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:22 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum