Spyeware and Twitter

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Spyeware and Twitter

Post by geoffcoll on Thu 25 Nov 2010, 12:20 am

As everyone knows Twitter send emails stating someone is following you on Twitter and inviting you to follow them. I have lost count of the number of such emails from females with a X rated Profile picture and three Tweets the last of which contains a link to tinyurl.com. When you click on this link you are in danger of downloading "Safety Tool" the rogue spyeware. I did and it took me most of Monday night to remove it; I have reported it to Mr Gilbertson, the tinyurl founder, and forwarded him two of the emails from Twitter.

geoffcoll

Unborn
Unborn

Operating System : Windows XP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spyeware and Twitter

Post by Belahzur on Thu 25 Nov 2010, 9:54 am

Hello.

Download OTL by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

@RealBelahzur - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.

Belahzur

Manager | Tech Officer
Manager | Tech Officer

Operating System : XP SP3 Media Centre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Silly me; I am new to this.

Post by geoffcoll on Fri 26 Nov 2010, 12:45 am

I am sorry I have posted in the wrong place I was simply trying to issue a warning to to other users re. this tinyurl phenomenon. I managed to remove "Safety Tool" so this was not the purpose of my post; I am still awaiting a second response from Mr Gilbertson founder of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I consider myself admonished.

geoffcoll

Unborn
Unborn

Operating System : Windows XP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spyeware and Twitter

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:27 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: