GeekPolice
Welcome to GeekPolice.net!

From "wow" to "whoa" - we're teaching practical technology and helping others with tech support. Join our family here!

You are viewing the forum as a "Guest" which doesn't give you member privileges to ask questions or post comments.

Take 30 seconds to register or log in below and unlock the limitations of this website to discover new computer knowledge!

Windows 7 Pro with XP Mode for a "Dual mode system"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Windows 7 Pro with XP Mode for a "Dual mode system"

Post by chuckmac on Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:43 pm

Would buying a 32 Bit Computer with Windows 7 Professional, then downloading and install XP for a dual mode, allow that computer to run Microsoft Picture it Publishing Platinum 2002. This program will not run on a 64 bit system.

I have an "Epson Perception 1650 Picture" Scanner that will not run on a 64 bit systemr because there are no drivers available for it, Would the XP mode on Windows 7 Professional allow this Scanner to run as it now does on my 4 year old Emachine computer with XP?

I bought a HP p6620f Desktop 64 bit Machine and the Epson 1650 Scanner would not run on it. I tried to get a driver and was told by Epson Support that there are no drivers available for that scanner to run on a 84 bit system. I returned the HP p6620f because it would not allow me to use my Epson 1650 for lack of a driver.

chuckmac
Novice
Novice

# Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Windows 7 Pro with XP Mode for a "Dual mode system"

Post by chuckmac on Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:57 pm

Post 1- Windows 7 Pro with XP Mode for a "Dual mode system"
by chuckmac Today at 11:43 am

A COUPLE OF CORRECTIONS TO THIS QUESTION I SUBMITTED

Would buying a 32 Bit Computer with Windows 7 Professional, then downloading and installing XP to achive a dual mode, allow that computer to run Microsoft Picture it Publishing Platinum 2002. This program will not run on a 64 bit system.

I have an "Epson Perfection 1650 Picture" Scanner that will not run on a 64 bit system because there are no drivers available for it. Would an XP mode on a 32 bit Machine running Windows 7 Professional allow this Scanner to run as it now does on my 4 year old E-machine with XP?

I bought an HP p6620f Desktop 64 bit Machine, the Epson 1650 Scanner would not run on it. I tried to get a driver and was told by Epson Support that there are no drivers available for that scanner to run on a 64 bit system. I returned the HP p6620f because it would not allow me to use my Epson 1650 for lack of a driver.

chuckmac
Novice
Novice

# Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top