Re: DM Jay's advice to Natty on Ramnit removal -- run the scans in Safe Mode?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: DM Jay's advice to Natty on Ramnit removal -- run the scans in Safe Mode?

Post by Ecobiker70 on Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:16 pm

I'm following DragonMaster Jay's advice to Natty on removing Ramnit (a thread that is currently in progress).

Can I ask for one clarification -- I assume that the various scans are meant to run while the PC is in Safe Mode. Is this correct?

I ask because I'm having the same problem and can't reformat as I bought the laptop refurbished and thus don't have any software to reinstall.

Thanks very much.

Ecobiker70
Beginner
Beginner

Posts Posts : 2
Joined Joined : 2010-10-17
OS OS : XP Professional
Points Points : 22428
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Re: DM Jay's advice to Natty on Ramnit removal -- run the scans in Safe Mode?

Post by Belahzur on Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:00 pm

Hello.
Sorry to say Ramnit can't be fixed, your only option if you can't reformat is to buy a whole new computer.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.

Belahzur
Administrator
Administrator

Posts Posts : 34916
Joined Joined : 2008-08-03
Gender Gender : Male
OS OS : XP SP3 Media Centre
Points Points : 245059
# Likes # Likes : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Re: DM Jay's advice to Natty on Ramnit removal -- run the scans in Safe Mode?

Post by Ecobiker70 on Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:14 am

Hi Belahzur,

Thanks a lot. I know -- it really doesn't look good for me, does it? I'm mystified how I got it because I have firewalls and anti-virus in place.

But I reckon that, if DragonMaster Jay is willing to give it a go, then I am willing to try. If I have to get a whole new computer anyway, I might as well try, no?

I bought the laptop for $100 from a friend a few years ago so I don't have the original discs of anything.

Ecobiker70
Beginner
Beginner

Posts Posts : 2
Joined Joined : 2010-10-17
OS OS : XP Professional
Points Points : 22428
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top