Hi, new member...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi, new member...

Post by stevemiller747 on Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:48 pm

Boy, would I love to learn some of the tricks to get out of these small but annoying problems.

I tried to download flvtube to help me download youtube clips for my class (we don't have internet at my school, so it's really handicapping me). Now it has changed my homepage when I surf and taken over my google search in my toolbar. I tried to change it back in the tools part of the browser, but some script appears to change it back.

Also, I tried to use the search function but the canon ad completely covered it. I know this question has been asked before so.. well, just let me know how/where to look for the answer. =)

Also, can someone recommend a good program for download youtube videos?

Thanks in advance. I come to sites like this time to time when I have problems and I find them so helpful, I really would like to learn how to do these basic security things so I can help other teachers at school.

My computer (it' a school computer) is also infected with eset nod32 ANTI-VIRUS... in case anyone has any experience with that. It still pops up every single time i log on, multiple times.

stevemiller747
Beginner
Beginner

Posts Posts : 1
Joined Joined : 2010-10-10
OS OS : XP 2007
Points Points : 22493
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi, new member...

Post by Dr Jay on Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:08 am

Hello. Glad to have you here at GeekPolice.

Please wait here, while I refer you to an excellent Tech Advisor or other staff.

ESET NOD32 Antivirus is a legitimate and very good antivirus program.

Dr Jay
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Posts Posts : 13716
Joined Joined : 2009-09-06
Gender Gender : Male
OS OS : Windows 10 Home & Pro
Protection Protection : Bitdefender Total Security
Points Points : 302112
# Likes # Likes : 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi, new member...

Post by Capt.Jack Sparrow on Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:36 pm

Hello,

You could use Orbit Downloader

Orbit Downloader is a freeware download manager for Microsoft Windows. One of the main features of the program is its ability to grab and download embedded Flash Video files from sites like YouTube, Dailymotion, Metacafe, etc. Orbit Downloader also accelerates downloads by acting as a peer-to-peer client, utilizing bandwidth of other users.

Download it from here: Orbit Downloader

Regards,
Captain MVP

It is considered
courteous to  post a reply if you have been able to resolve your problem, or received  an answer to your question.

Capt.Jack Sparrow
Senior
Senior

Posts Posts : 321
Joined Joined : 2010-09-27
Gender Gender : Male
OS OS : Windows 7 Ultimate, Ubuntu 10.04
Protection Protection : Avast, WinPatrol, Malwarebytes, Windows Firewall
Points Points : 26938
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down