Unresponsive Script

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unresponsive Script

Post by joenobodyyet on 25th August 2010, 7:19 am

I am currently using the latest version of FireFox, and I often have "Unresponsive Script" errors, which cause my computer to work very slow, and even freeze. My computer also starts up slow, and when I click FireFox and iTunes, they take minutes to open. When they open, they are usually frozen for a few minutes before they work. I think I noticed Unresponsive Script errors when I am on my Gmail account. Could someone help me clean my computer or provide anything else to help my computer run faster?

Here are 3 unresponsive Script errors i got today:

chrome://global/content/bindings/textbox.xml:51

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&view=js&name=main,tlist&ver=9oD1J7yvz5o.en.&am=!xONyw1plirqxhZwiFPMWg9rrd9v4w6Ouhd8XvJVNFJM9Gn1o3N0&fri:407

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&view=js&name=main,tlist&ver=9oD1J7yvz5o.en.&am=!xONyw1plirqxhZwiFPMWg9rrd9v4w6Ouhd8XvJVNFJM9Gn1o3N0&fri:188

Thanks!!

joenobodyyet
Beginner
Beginner

Posts Posts : 2
Joined Joined : 2010-08-25
Gender Gender : Male
OS OS : Windows XP Professional
Points Points : 22993
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unresponsive Script

Post by Sir $wat on 25th August 2010, 2:57 pm

Sir $wat
Top Dog
Top Dog

Posts Posts : 2078
Joined Joined : 2008-08-16
OS OS : Windows XP Professional SP3
Protection Protection : Panda Cloud
Points Points : 34201

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by joenobodyyet on 27th August 2010, 9:56 pm

I checked this site and I added a plug in to block scripts from running, but it seems I'm still getting unresponsive script when I am in Gmail.

While using Gmail, a top bar appeared and said, "The Adobe Flash Plugin has crashed"

Here's the unresponsive script error that pops up:

Script: https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&view=js&name=main,tlist&ver=pv-abBfFaqI.en.&am=!5YWbJcgKsVCxhZwiM_cWg-r7VH2_emLv1eCszDTbl6qZZEx_yco&fri:1523

Thanks!

joenobodyyet
Beginner
Beginner

Posts Posts : 2
Joined Joined : 2010-08-25
OS OS : Windows XP Professional
Points Points : 22993

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir $wat on 28th August 2010, 2:33 pm

Have you updated your flash player?

Google Lastest Update for flash player and update it.

Sir $wat
Top Dog
Top Dog

Posts Posts : 2078
Joined Joined : 2008-08-16
OS OS : Windows XP Professional SP3
Protection Protection : Panda Cloud
Points Points : 34201

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Links on 29th August 2010, 5:52 pm

I don't know why the Mozilla KB writers decided to include YesScript in their article. NoScript will do a much better job, not only with security, but with keeping a usually slow computer from running even slower when surfing the net.

The YesScript plugin page says: "Unlike NoScript, YesScript does absoƖute nothing to improve your security. I believe that Firefox is secure enough by default and that blocking all scripts by default is paranoia". This is, in my opinion, absoƖutely ridiculous... especially in Windows.

Running NoScript will block ALL scripts except the ones from web domains you specifically allow. You should check which scripts from which domains are actually needed (to have full functionality) in each page you have to use regularly and only allow those (Google, for example, uses many scripts from different domains, and most are completely unnecessary for using the pages). The rest of the web pages can be managed with temporal permissions.

If you are sure that your PC has no malware, and the only reason for running slowly is lack of HW, you should also try AdBlock Plus

Links
Novice
Novice

Posts Posts : 9
Joined Joined : 2010-08-29
OS OS : DOS 6.22 / Win3.1 / 3.11 / 95 OSR2.5 / NT4 SP6a / 98SE / 2000 SP4R1v2 / XP SP3 32b / 7 32&64b / GNU-Linux / BSD / ot
Points Points : 22985

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top