ESET Techincal Issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ESET Techincal Issue

Post by TheBlackScepter on 16th August 2010, 1:55 am

I have been using ESET to scan for any malicious software, today I picked up some [Win32, or a variant] and ran the scanner. All two of our other computers [XPs] in my house caught it and ran the same scanner, we all removed it, but my computer [a Vista] was scanning really really slow, I managed to complete the scan, but it took hours and hours and well beyond when the others had finished scanning. I attempted to run it a second time to double check, like for all the other computers, but it continued to move as slow. Even though our anti virus software was disabled to not interfere with it.

I wasn't sure if I should have posted this as a Malware issue, seeing that the malware was removed, it seemed to be more of a technical issue to me. What do you propose to check or use instead?

TheBlackScepter
Intermediate
Intermediate

Posts Posts : 117
Joined Joined : 2010-05-15
OS OS : Windows Vista
Points Points : 25827
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ESET Techincal Issue

Post by insomniak on 17th August 2010, 3:14 pm

When I think I have a problem I make an Eset rescue cd (switch to advanced view, go to tools and click create rescue cd (it can also make bootable USB rescue disk)) Then just change the boot priorities in the BIOS and boot from your rescue media. Not sure if that answers your question but it's something that can come in quite handy.
Sorry, forgot to mention you need the windows AIK (automated installation kit) installed to be able to create the rescue media. I believe that if you try to make the media without the AIK Eset will take you to the relevant download page (sorry I can't be certain but I'm pretty sure). Big download, about 1.3GB.

insomniak
Beginner
Beginner

Posts Posts : 3
Joined Joined : 2010-08-11
OS OS : 7 ultimate x86
Points Points : 23114
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top