Page 1 of 1
- Doctor InfernoSite Admin
OS : Windows 7 Home Premium and Ultimate X64
Anti-Malware : Kaspersky PURE and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Posts : 11975
Rubies : 75668
Likes : 14
This guide will give you easy instructions on how to uninstall or get rid of Security Suite for free.
What is Security Suite? (Information)
Security Suite is a fake security software which uses fraudulent strategies by displaying false or exaggerated security issues on your computer rather than any legitimate ones to coerce you into purchasing their software.
When Security Suite is installed, it will display fake warnings about your computer being infected with viruses, spyware or trojans. Security Suite uses the misleading way to win your trust and make you believe that your computer is compromised. It will then suggest that you purchase a full version of it to get rid of the infections. Their bogus product is totally incapable of performing any of the declared functions.
Security Suite is from the same group of rogue security software as AV Security Suite and Antivir Solution Pro.
Follow these preparation instructions to continue:
Because Security Suite sets your browser to use an invalid proxy, you will not be able to surf any websites.
If you are using Internet Explorer, click on the Tools menu and select Internet Options.
- Now click on the Connections tab and then the Lan Settings button.
- Under the Proxy Server section, please uncheck the checkbox labeled Use a proxy server for your LAN.
- Click the OK button. Then press the Apply button and then the OK button. Now that you have disabled the proxy server you will be able to browse the web again with Internet Explorer.
If you are using Firefox, click on Tools and click the Advanced tab.
- Go to the Network tab and select Settings.
- Select No proxy and click the OK button and click OK again. Now that you have disabled the proxy server you will be able to browse the web again with Firefox.
After that, download HijackThis from HERE and save it to your desktop.
- Open HijackThis
- Choose "Do a system scan only"
- Check the boxes in front of the lines which look like this:
O4 – HKLM\..\Run: [random] c:\documents and settings\user\local settings\application data\random\random.exe
O4 – HKCU\..\Run: [random] c:\documents and settings\user\local settings\application data\random\random.exe
- Close all opened Windows
- Press "Fix Checked"
- Close Hijack This.
Now, time for the removal. You have to start computer in Safe Mode by doing the following:
- Restart your computer
- After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, keep tapping F8.
- Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear.
- Select the option, to run Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
1. Please download the official version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
2. Install Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware by double clicking on mbam-setup
3. Follow the prompts. Make sure that Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware are checked. Then click finish.
4. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will automatically update itself after the installation, click the OK button to close that box and you will now be at the main program Window as shown below.
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware with the latest database. Make sure that Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is closed before installing the update.
5. Close All opened Windows, Programs, File or Folders.
6. Make sure you are on the Scanner tab. Select Perform quick scan then click the Scan button as shown below.
7. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for infected files as shown below.
8. When the scan is finished a message box will appear, click OK to continue.
9. Click Show Results.
10. You will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections like shown below. Yours may look different depending on the infection you have.
11. Click on Remove selected.
12. When removing the files, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware may require you to restart the computer in order to do a complete removal. If it displays a message stating that it needs to restart, click Yes.
13. After that you can close the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware window, your computer is now cleaned from the malware infection.
To protect and prevent your computer from experiencing future threats like this, we highly recommend purchasing the FULL version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware with real-time protection from this link.
If you are still experiencing problems or difficulties following this guide or require any assistance removing this malware, please post your questions in our Virus, Spyware & Malware Removal forums for free help.
You have to be logged in to post questions. Registration is free. By registering you will be privileged to other resources and to ask questions.
Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!
Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.
OS : Windows 7 Home Premium
Posts : 2
Rubies : 2767
Likes : 0
Many thanks!!! Looks like it worked. I tried SpyHunter and Spyware Doctor, neither did the job. YOU THE MAN!
OS : windows 7
Posts : 1
Rubies : 2745
Likes : 0
I tried to download hijack and the security suite won't let me run it to remove it. I am in safe mode networking now and i ran the hijack. Help me
OS : vista
Posts : 10
Rubies : 2819
Likes : 0
Hello - I am operating in safe mode and used downloaded files from a clean computer since I do not have network access. I run hijack but none of the files listed in the guide above are present in the log so I do not see anything to check. I moved onto the next steps and ran verion 1.46 of malwarebytes and the scan comes back with nothing yet I still have the Secuirty Suite on my sysem. Any advice? Thanks
Last edited by mando on 13th September 2010, 4:53 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Create an account or log in to leave a reply
You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.
Page 1 of 1
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum