Page 1 of 1
- Doctor InfernoSite Admin
OS : Windows 7 Home Premium and Ultimate X64
Anti-Malware : Kaspersky PURE and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Posts : 11975
Rubies : 75674
Likes : 14
This guide will give you easy instructions on how to uninstall or get rid AV Security Suite for free.
What is Wireshark Antivirus? (Information)
Wireshark Antivirus is a fake security software which uses fraudulent strategies by displaying false or exaggerated security issues on your computer rather than any legitimate ones to coerce you into purchasing their software.
When Wireshark Antivirus is installed, it will display bogus warning messages that your computer is infected. Wireshark Antivirus Suite misleading way to win your trust and make you actually believe your computer is compromised with viruses, spyware or trojans. It will later suggest that you purchase a copy of it to remove the infections. Their bogus antispyware database is totally incapable of performing any of the declared functions.
Boot into Safe Mode
You have to start computer in Safe Mode by doing the following:
- Restart your computer
- After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, keep tapping F8.
- Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear.
- Select the option, to run Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
Download & Run Rkill
1. Download the tool, rkill from here.
2. Double click on rkill to run it. It will automatically terminate processes associated with the rogue security products.
3. When the rkill Window is closed, proceed to the next step.
1. Please download the official version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
2. Install Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware by double clicking on mbam-setup
3. Follow the prompts. Make sure that Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware are checked. Then click finish.
4. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will automatically update itself after the installation, click the OK button to close that box and you will now be at the main program Window as shown below.
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware with the latest database. Make sure that Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is closed before installing the update.
5. Close All opened Windows, Programs, File or Folders.
6. Make sure you are on the Scanner tab. Select Perform quick scan then click the Scan button as shown below.
7. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for infected files as shown below.
8. When the scan is finished a message box will appear, click OK to continue.
9. Click Show Results.
10. You will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections like shown below. Yours may look different depending on the infection you have.
11. Click on Remove selected.
12. When removing the files, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware may require you to restart the computer in order to do a complete removal. If it displays a message stating that it needs to restart, click Yes.
13. After that you can close the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware window, your computer is now cleaned from the malware infection.
To protect and prevent your computer from experiencing future threats like this, we highly recommend purchasing the FULL version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware with real-time protection from this link.
If you are still experiencing problems or difficulties following this guide or require any assistance removing this malware, please post your questions in our Virus, Spyware & Malware Removal forums for free help.
You have to be logged in to post questions. Registration is free. By registering you will be privileged to other resources and to ask questions.
Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!
Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.
Create an account or log in to leave a reply
You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.
Page 1 of 1
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum