177 Threats detected by Spywarehunter

View previous topic View next topic Go down

177 Threats detected by Spywarehunter

Post by Mooster9591 on Mon 26 Jul 2010, 10:08 pm

Although very nearly computer illiterate, I've tried to rid my desktop of antivirus suite.
I installed and ran malwarebyte's anti-malware and after that process it's now saying my system is clear of the virus/whatever else infected it...but neither firefox or internet explorer are working.
Equally, some of the websites I looked at while trying to find appropriate software suggested Spywarehunter so I downloaded that in it's trial version...which I did...and it claims to have found 177 threats but won't fix them until I buy their product. I'm a bit of a novice so I can't tell how legitimate that is - but my continued inability to access the internet (even after fiddeling with the proxy settings) suggests that there might still be some residual issues.

...Please Help?!

Operating System : Windows 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 177 Threats detected by Spywarehunter

Post by Belahzur on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 7:48 am

Download OTL by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

@RealBelahzur - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.

Manager | Tech Officer
Manager | Tech Officer

Operating System : XP SP3 Media Centre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum