Can't open My Documents.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't open My Documents.

Post by Aprius on Thu 22 Jul 2010, 1:40 pm

Hello. Recently I put up a wallpaper, and I set it as my desktop background. I think this is where the problem is. I opened the actual .jpg and edited it with paint, and then saved it. All of a sudden, my music (Was listening to Media Player) Stopped, and the whole computer froze. After 5 minutes of letting it sit there, it played a very short musical part, and stopped again. (less than a second.) PLUS, the desktop still has the picture BEFORE I edited it. I tried to go to My Documents to find a different picture to use, in hope of stopping whatever was happening, but as son as the My Documents section came up, my computer froze. I rebooted, tried again, and the same happened. I managed to go online and Download a picture from Facebook, and used that as my background, but I still can't go into My Documents, without it freezing/getting too slow to use. Does anyone know how this can be fixed? The computer works fine, unless I open My Documents. Can Open My Computer, but not My Documents.

Thanks,
Aprius

Aprius

Rookie Surfer
Rookie Surfer

Operating System : Windows 7 64Bit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't open My Documents.

Post by sr1963 on Fri 13 Aug 2010, 2:53 am

Try starting Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Delete) and click on the Processes tab. Check to see if anything to do with Paint or My Docs is still running. If so, end them and try it then.

sr1963

Unborn
Unborn

Operating System : windows xp pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum